• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Riga Docks (Beta2)

Hi,

Well, almost a year gone since we tested this beauty... an almost forgotten beauty it is indeed. Last night i had some more few rounds on this on a full server and it ended up as described above: a 1st axis spawn camping party. While the close quarter fights around the 1st objective where a helluva fun... well it was getting a bit boring to fight just for one objective.

To avoid this, i had 2 ideas in mind:

1. Leave the 1st axis spawn where it is, but move the 1st allied spawn to somewhere behind the 1st objective, maybe to that point where the 2nd axis spawn is right now. This way there should be enough time for both teams to get into the cap and there are tons of possibilities to flank left or right. To get more intense fights in the little streets and building maybe the cap zone could be made a bit more wider.

2. leave the 1st russian spawn where it is, but put the 1st axis spawn to the far left into the shed (i guess there was some axis spawn in a previous version) so that the run for the first objective gets into a rectengular way to the general movement of the axis attack. This could be quite interesting considering the almost open street between both spawns covered by mgs and snipers and both teams required to flank north and south into nice close quarter area :). Maybe a bigger capzone could help here as well.

3. Furthermore, although i quite like the idea of having both teams running to the second objectives on a parallel course once street is capped... it just doesnt work on public servers. It usually ends up with both teams surrounding each other teams spawn and killing each other there (while maybe 2-3 ppl run through to the ice house/ pallet yard objectives). Hard to avoid spawn rapage there ;). Maybe letting the 2nd allied spawn at the dockyard with the 2nd axis spawn at the street (or maybe a bit more forward) would be better, with russkies setting up a defense and krauts attacking. Pretty much possiblilities to flank, not so much to spawncamp.

4. The run for the dockyard could be let as it is, maybe once again the axis spawn a bit more forward (considering that allies are directly behind the last objective).

Overall, maybe the map duration should be 5 mins more with these changes, while i can foresee some hard fights and no running through of the axis ;). At least something from which this awesome map could just profit.

I wonder if Lruce intents to continue work on this. If that is not the case, i wonder if it would be ok to modify 1-2 more versions with different spawns. I fired up the editor today to have a look at this again, and all the stuff mentioned above could be done quite easily. With a few more testing rounds, i hope this map could finally get the playtime it really deserves!

greetz,
gitano

Last edited:
Upvote 0