• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO-realitymod suggestion

Witzig said:
Just a thing concering the Unit Ratings,

The rating is more like
Elite < Veteran < Crack

Since Elite means very well trained, Veteran is Combat Hardened, and Crack are those East front Veterans fighting for more than 3 Years :)
Maybe you're right. Im currently using the Unit rankings in Combatmission.
I'll think more about this on a later stage, I'll keep it in mind, thanks for helpin out.

kabex said:
A medic would break the mod IMO. It's highly unrealistic and arcade-y. Does not belong in this game, no matter how realistic you try to make him.

I must study more on this. If you have some short facts to show me it'd be good.
As stated medic is an optional event only to aid gameplay concerning the moralsystem.
No problem removing it if nessesary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Teq great and innovative idea for RO, I think this could really enhance the play.

However I think it would work better in a non-respawning gametype, having all these morale effects happening constantly throughout a normal RO gametype map could become tiresome very quiickly indeed, especially if the effects are repeated, and if your team is full of new players it could really damage the gameplay.

I could be wrong of course, and perhaps with a lot of testing it could work.

On an SD style gametype or similar however, this morale system would be superb, not only has each side got to defend/attack tactically, they also have to think about positioning so that troop morale is not damaged, this really gets people thinking about teamwork as nobody wants to have their avatar suddenly become AI controlled!!

I think a "lite" version would work well with RO gametype tho, but whatever you do, I think anyone interested in battle re-enactment or realism clans would absolutely love this feature purely for the immersion factor.

I think this idea will require A LOT of coding for it to work in a fluid way, and then obviously all the testing required to see if the gameplay balance is drastically effected (e.g. i can see defenders having an even greater advantage).

I'll discuss this with the Burning Sands coders, and get their take...as its something I would love to see tested to see how it works in game.

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
Teq great and innovative idea for RO, I think this could really enhance the play.

However I think it would work better in a non-respawning gametype, having all these morale effects happening constantly throughout a normal RO gametype map could become tiresome very quiickly indeed, especially if the effects are repeated, and if your team is full of new players it could really damage the gameplay.

I could be wrong of course, and perhaps with a lot of testing it could work.

On an SD style gametype or similar however, this morale system would be superb, not only has each side got to defend/attack tactically, they also have to think about positioning so that troop morale is not damaged, this really gets people thinking about teamwork as nobody wants to have their avatar suddenly become AI controlled!!

I think a "lite" version would work well with RO gametype tho, but whatever you do, I think anyone interested in battle re-enactment or realism clans would absolutely love this feature purely for the immersion factor.

I think this idea will require A LOT of coding for it to work in a fluid way, and then obviously all the testing required to see if the gameplay balance is drastically effected (e.g. i can see defenders having an even greater advantage).

I'll discuss this with the Burning Sands coders, and get their take...as its something I would love to see tested to see how it works in game.

Thank you for reading up the idea.
I beleive you are right at some points.

What I'd like to try regarding respawntype of play, is a "grouprespawn" idea.
It means that IE 4 (or more) players has to die, before they can respawn-.
Once all 4 has died they may respawn.

Regarding the morale and time:
All players will have a HUD indicator that shows their morale status.
If its get low, you must try to get closer to your mates or away from danger.
- No more rambo, run and gun tactics.

Yes, If its too hard to implement the whole idea, a lite version would still make me happy :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RO - REALISMMOD FEATURES:

RORM has its foundation based on the great games:
Operationflashpoint, Red Orchestra and Combatmission 2+3 and others.

Realistic morale effects:
* Effects of wounds - Knockdowns, Bleeding, dizzyness and pain.
* Increased Suppression effects
* Effects of fear and panic - Gradual loss of control over your character
* Effects of battle experience - Expience fights fear
* Effects of teamwork - Stay close to your squad and overcome your fear.
* A HUD indicator shows your characters mental stabillity

Realistic sound
* Increased intensity on impact effects
* Hearing Breathing, heart beat
* Character comments extreme situations for filmatic feeling (Toggle)

Realistic Communication
Only local distance based voicecom for infantry (voice fade in volume with distance)
Restricted Team and public channels.

Realistic reinforcements:
Limited respawns of rare classes (IE max x10 MG respawns)
Group respawns (4 has to die then group of 4 respawns)

Team play oriented scoring system:
* Players score for boosting teams morale
* Score for suppression fire

- Need coders, 3D artists, testers, feedback, soundartists, webdesigners, you name it... NOW!
Please Contact me:
[email protected]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Teq, you might as well ask for a million Euros.

We could theorize until we are blue in the face. A coder with an interest for the mod needs to show up, and if he is willing make a "lite" realism mutator.

I am sure more people would get interested from there, your feature list is incredibly long and all I was asking for was simple variable changes(mg42 accuracy value 12, change it to 90, etc) and small coding here and there.

No need to make a total conversion.

--
BTW, 4 "halfteams" of 4 people sounds better. 4x4 = 16.

Upvote 0
kabex said:
Teq, you might as well ask for a million Euros.

We could theorize until we are blue in the face. A coder with an interest for the mod needs to show up, and if he is willing make a "lite" realism mutator.

I am sure more people would get interested from there, your feature list is incredibly long and all I was asking for was simple variable changes(mg42 accuracy value 12, change it to 90, etc) and small coding here and there.

No need to make a total conversion.

--

Hehe you are right.

The first thing I'm aiming at is the morale system,
and a simplified version of it.. .
The rest was just brainstorming.

Btw I removed alot of it not to look Manicly and too eager.
Some ideas might be easy to implement, some arent:
That is up to the coders to determine, If I can get someone on it.

BTW, 4 "halfteams" of 4 people sounds better. 4x4 = 16.
4 times 4, halfteams (With one squadleader pr team?) Or do you mean one squadleader controls 4x4?
I wount consentrate on a squad system yet.
I Want to motivate the coders to start on the moralesystem first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sounds interesting, if a little ambitious...thought I'd throw this out there because this may be a more "doable" realism enhancer to throw into the mix of your mod:

Take out the bar indicator that shows when the enemy is in the cap zone. And on the overhead map take out the indicator that an objective is being capped by an enemy. This should be communicated by your team, not a magic map

Upvote 0
[5.SS] Herr Hut said:
Sounds interesting, if a little ambitious...thought I'd throw this out there because this may be a more "doable" realism enhancer to throw into the mix of your mod:

Take out the bar indicator that shows when the enemy is in the cap zone. And on the overhead map take out the indicator that an objective is being capped by an enemy. This should be communicated by your team, not a magic map

Good idea. I'd never liked the
"magic-know-how-many enemies In tha cap zone" idea anyway,
and will prob not be a part of this mut/mod.

Amibitions is what made RO = RO :)
I've had a dream about morale effects, and I'm gonna get it.
Somewhere, someone have the same dream and have the skill to manifest it.
I just spread the seeds around, and some day that seed will become a great flower hehe

Let the suggestions come in ppl

Upvote 0
I've noticed lately that my ideas needed a significant simplification
I therefore I have come the following suggestions as the main feats to the mod:

1) morale/suppression effect:
* Increase the suppression blur of bullet and explotions by 200%
* If a player stays within 20m of a teammate the blur effect is reduced by 10%
* A commander nearby reduce blur by 30%
* A medic nearby reduce blur p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
kabex said:
Teq: who is working on the mod?
Nobody? Why bother?
Reminds me of people who write a 200 page design dog for an "1337 game" but they can't map, model, skin or code. What's the deal?
Nothing against you, I really want a mod like this but until someone talented is interested, nothing is going to happen.

Exactly, thats why we make a thread.
There is alot of ppl out with the skill but no idea or beleif that people would help it.
Before you make a mod you make a make a demand and a plan.

I am a sound artist btw, so I will do my part as soon as we get the coders :)

Upvote 0
Teq, you might want to copy&paste/quote the suggestions and add them all up in the above format, but in the original topic post.

Make it all neat and organized. Squad suggestion, my included reinforcement suggestion(full squad spawning or your alternative), communication suggestions from other topics(hand signals, waypoints, command system ala brothers in arms) suppression effects from your ideas etc etc.

If it was all posted in the topic post, it'd be much neater.

Upvote 0
kabex said:
Teq, you might want to copy&paste/quote the suggestions and add them all up in the above format, but in the original topic post.

Make it all neat and organized. Squad suggestion, my included reinforcement suggestion(full squad spawning or your alternative), communication suggestions from other topics(hand signals, waypoints, command system ala brothers in arms) suppression effects from your ideas etc etc.

If it was all posted in the topic post, it'd be much neater.
Im not sure if I understood you correctly can you make an example?

Upvote 0