• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Pavlov's_House_B1

Looks like the apostrophe in the name was a trouble for some this will be changed for the next beta.

I didnt have a problem with the apostrophe, I did have problems with spaces in the naming convention as opposed to using an underscore.

I just loaded this map on our server today and think it looks like alot of fun. I am going to push it tonight when the server fills up.

Upvote 0
Yes, mueck, the system file names need to be added to your server's .ini (EditServerPackages=xxx, etc)

boy, this is pretty disappointing...I've been loitering around the Steam server list throughout the day and I think I've seen this map pop up only about 4-5 times, including on a passworded server. This kind of stuff really motivates mappers to keep creating new content. But never fear, Danzig is playing 24-7 on about 12 servers:rolleyes:

I should say "thanks" to server admins who have added it though. It's much appreciated;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didnt have a problem with the apostrophe, I did have problems with spaces in the naming convention as opposed to using an underscore.

I just loaded this map on our server today and think it looks like alot of fun. I am going to push it tonight when the server fills up.

what did I not get an underscore on looks like I have them in the rom title?

Upvote 0
Pavlovs house and the one across need some major interior texturing done. It looks like someone just duplicated the same subtraction cube and edited the vertices's.

Those structures were already there the walls could use some variation as for the interiors elsewhere Russian practice was to gut anything from a building that would burn and throw all furniture in the stairwell(not possible here). Other than the texture that is on it now what do you think will work in this setting? I have not found another texture that would seem fitting.

Upvote 0
I have a few general design issues here: one is the interior as well - there should be stairwells going all the way up. Put yourself in the mind of an architect - why would you have staircases at different places on the seperate floors?

Also some meshes of ruins in the distance would be good, at the moment the scene appears to be taking place in few buildings in the centre of a big foggy football pitch.

On the plus side it plays pretty well and the exterior of Pavlov's house looks absolutely superb and very very much like it would have imo.

Upvote 0
I have a few general design issues here: one is the interior as well - there should be stairwells going all the way up. Put yourself in the mind of an architect - why would you have staircases at different places on the seperate floors?
The answer here would be that yes I totally agree When looking at it I would think that you would have a flat on either side of the main stairwell on each floor. I added the additional stair cases to alleviate traffic on the main stairwell. So it was done for gameplay reasons.

Also some meshes of ruins in the distance would be good, at the moment the scene appears to be taking place in few buildings in the centre of a big foggy football pitch.
From the pictures that you posted I saw a large open area to the west of Pavs. I can surely add more Statics on the edges I was trying not to be to repetitive with the ones I had. If you would like to make new static buildings for the edges I will use them. They would not have to be all that detailed. I dont have my Maya Merit badge so that is why these did not get made. The fog was made so that the Germans could at least get out of spawn if it was not you could shoot directly into it from Pavs attic. So that is for gameplay also. I may have some changes for this we shall see though.

On another note I still have not been able to play this map or see anyone play it:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Curious to ask what visually is needed? Stalingrad was pretty well leveled was it not?

Texture alignment is pavlovs house is bad plus it looks like you only used 2-3 textures for the entire building. The front of pavlovs with the bathtub and danzig broken floor assets looks a bit off. I would just create a new mesh to make the broken floor look more believable.

On a side note it looks like in many places a mesh would be better then bsp. If you have no mesh making skills I can do some for you, because meshes not only perform better but you can get much more detail out of them...

Upvote 0
Texture alignment is pavlovs house is bad plus it looks like you only used 2-3 textures for the entire building. The front of pavlovs with the bathtub and danzig broken floor assets looks a bit off. I would just create a new mesh to make the broken floor look more believable.

On a side note it looks like in many places a mesh would be better then bsp. If you have no mesh making skills I can do some for you, because meshes not only perform better but you can get much more detail out of them...

I like the bathtub you can acutally get in it. Whatever meshes you would like to donate feel free, I will almost certainly use them. I am sure others would like to use them as well. I tried making some BSP to Meshes conversions but FPS dropped like a stone so I reverted.

Upvote 0
I tried making some BSP to Meshes conversions but FPS dropped like a stone so I reverted.

The way you should make meshes from BSP is using one sided bsp planes and creating whatever you need with them (thanks hobo for saying this a while back it has helped me a great deal!). As long is you keep the size of brushes consistent it will look fine. Or you can export brushes that you have already created into a 3d app and delete out the extra tri's.

Upvote 0
what did I not get an underscore on looks like I have them in the rom title?

Ill have to go look tonight, could have been the folders themselves. When I use ucc compress I cant have any spaces in the address to the folder where the file is. No big deal. Im sure any admin can resolve that.

Yes, mueck, the system file names need to be added to your server's .ini (EditServerPackages=xxx, etc);)

Im going to have to do the "editpackage" thing for the zombie bug. Was that supposed to be done for the zombie bug in pariserplatz as well? I dont remember having had to do that before. Do I have to add that line for EVERY system file for this map?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"Im going to have to do the "editpackage" thing for the zombie bug. Was that supposed to be done for the zombie bug in pariserplatz as well? I dont remember having had to do that before. Do I have to add that line for EVERY system file for this map?"

You should be able to copy and paste from the README file included in the zip file package. But, the answer is "yes" you will need to add every line. It needed to be done for Pariser as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The way you should make meshes from BSP is using one sided bsp planes and creating whatever you need with them (thanks hobo for saying this a while back it has helped me a great deal!). As long is you keep the size of brushes consistent it will look fine. Or you can export brushes that you have already created into a 3d app and delete out the extra tri's.

right see that is where the merit badge comes in. making some of this stuff out of BSP planes would have taken me far longer than it already has.

Upvote 0
I have a problem to play this map.I 've put the downloaded map files into the map directory, texture and system files where they should go(text and sys directories) but when i start practice mode in red orchestra i don't see the map why is that?I wanted to play with boots just to check the map because i haven't seen any public servers running it.Thanks in advance and sorry for bad English.

Upvote 0
I have a problem to play this map.I 've put the downloaded map files into the map directory, texture and system files where they should go(text and sys directories) but when i start practice mode in red orchestra i don't see the map why is that?I wanted to play with boots just to check the map because i haven't seen any public servers running it.Thanks in advance and sorry for bad English.

Download the AHZ vehicle pack.

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24831

Upvote 0