• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Pavlov's_House_B1

I think there is another issue here possibly but I will let shurek answer it. I think it only happens when killed by explosion.

At the moment, there are two separate issues going on with the telogreika uniforms, both of which are being worked on at the moment. One, as already noted several times, is the zombie bug being caused by the Mod class files. I know what the problem is here and I should be able to release a "fix" sometime this weekend.

The other issue, as pointed out by Divinehammer, is that I used an alpha layer on the uniform textures which was intended to eliminate the blanket sash from around some of the player models. If the player is blown up by a grenade or HE shell, then the ragdoll will appear transparent like a "ghost". This is due to the alpha layer having another alpha layer (blood spatters/gore) projected on it. EvilHobo put together some really, really nice replacement skins which will get implemented with the above mentioned "fix".

Thanks for your patience;)

Upvote 0
Yep still there.

Yep still there.

Sorry about that Stern you are right it is still there. I've been told how to fix other zombie bugs so I only assumed it worked too - since it always has in the past - hadn't had time to test after adding the proper lines to the redochestra.ini and figured it would work the same as all the other customs.

Not everyone knows about fixing that bug as an admin and I only recently learned it from Deeival so I figured I'd post it for those that may have the issue with other maps.

Obviously they are well aware of the issue with the uniforms and are in the works on fixing it so we'll just have to wait.

Upvote 0
More caps...

More caps...

I think with all the complaints about how easy it is to win for the Germans, the map would be great to add more cap zones within the other 2 buildings on either side of Pavlov's house. Giving the map 4 total cap zones and defense for the Russians on all 3 buildings. Also up the Russian re-enforcements.

Sure everyone loved the map in COD but this is RO so have it similar but it doesn't have to be exactly the same, the map is so huge and has so much going for it, having the other places as caps, I think would make it that much more fun and interesting.

Upvote 0
I think with all the complaints about how easy it is to win for the Germans, the map would be great to add more cap zones within the other 2 buildings on either side of Pavlov's house. Giving the map 4 total cap zones and defense for the Russians on all 3 buildings. Also up the Russian re-enforcements.

Sure everyone loved the map in COD but this is RO so have it similar but it doesn't have to be exactly the same, the map is so huge and has so much going for it, having the other places as caps, I think would make it that much more fun and interesting.

Well zobs house could be a capzone also I will be changing the rate of cap so that should slowthings down. I will up the reinforcements of the Russians. Also possible to have an upper and a lower capzone for Pavs like floors 1 and 2 : 3 and 4. I think slowing the cap rate will do a lot. How is the map being won from what you have seen is it because the Russians are running out the majority of the time or is there a bottleneck that is easily held? Some AARs would be nice to judge the gameplay.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
Zones...

Zones...

Well the few times I played it the Russians actually won. I was only stating about more zones because everyone else complaining about it being easy for Germans to win, personally I think it always depends on those on your team (Skill wise that is).

The one thing I can attest to is that the first zone is usually capped even before enough Russians are spawned to get there, I know that I was the only Russian in the zone every time I played it to try and stop the Germans but I was the only one, not sure if they didn't know where the zone was or what was going on with my team.

If you can add a cap zone in the other house and maybe have 2 zones to cap in Pavlov's that would be great - such as basement and 4th floor. I think the map looks great though and really have no complaints myself about it...

Upvote 0
Well zobs house could be a capzone also I will be changing the rate of cap so that should slowthings down. I will up the reinforcements of the Russians. Also possible to have an upper and a lower capzone for Pavs like floors 1 and 2 : 3 and 4. I think slowing the cap rate will do a lot.

This will be a great change to an excellent map! More spread-out cap zones and more time to cap them will allow us to better appreciate the care and effort that went into making this map.

Upvote 0
I'm concerned that he's either referring to the zombie bug or HoM, both of which were problems in the test version of the map. But I thought that those had been tackled through various means :confused:

Sorry for not following up my first post!

Yes some of us had ghosts- when a player got killed he just stands up- like many had on some of the paritzer maps.... And the at-cannon dident show on the map sometimes to ????

How is the status on this map right now- we took it of coss of the zombies- and i really wanna puth it backon?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry for not following up my first post!

Yes some of us had ghosts- when a player got killed he just stands up- like many had on some of the paritzer maps.... And the at-cannon dident show on the map sometimes to ????

How is the status on this map right now- we took it of coss of the zombies- and i really wanna puth it backon?

I'll need to check in with the mappers first about when the next beta is likely to come out, but my player coding has been fixed and EH's new telogreika uniforms will be packaged up by the end of today. So it's possible that a hotfix Beta 2 could be released within the next few days that only deals with correcting the zombie bug. Beta 3 would then address the concerns people are having with gameplay and performance related issues.

Upvote 0