• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map RO-PartisanForestRaid

This is a new release of Partisan Forest, modified enough that I decided to change the name slightly to "Partisan Forest Raid" (plus, people like raiding things, right? Refrigerators, panties, etc. :p). These are largely changes I banged out so I could submit the map to the 1st phase of the map contest. I found a few minutes tonight to finalize things, so here's the public release. The original thread has most of the info on the map.

While the actual layout of the map hasn't changed, I completely changed the first Russian spawn as well as made all objectives recappable. This should solve the problems in the original map, where the Germans would capture both outposts within a couple minutes and the rest of the map was a back-and-forth battle for the main camp. The new capping should increase the intensity of the map by forcing the Germans to both capture the main camp while securing the outposts.

Changelog:
  • Moved 1st Russian spawn forward for balance.
  • All objectives now recappable for balance.
  • Added botpathing. Bots can now attack and defend all objectives.
  • Updated German loadouts
    • Removed STG
    • Added MP41
    • Added G41
  • Updated Russian loadouts
    • Added MP40
  • New lightning and weather effects
  • Added more ambient sounds
  • Miscellaneous graphical and audio updates

Download link is here: http://ut2004.wickedpenguin.com/files/RO-PartisanForestRaid.rar

Screenies (Yes, yes the map is dark!) :D:
forestraid_1-1.jpg

forestraid_1-3.jpg

forestraid_1-2.jpg

Why... did you pull the STG? :(

Its one of my favs....

Well they are rear guard security units fighting partisans, doubt they would get top of the line equipment.

And it was usually in the camps. I love the look of your maps but I really lag in them. I do have a pathetic comp but I can run maps like Leningrad Streets etc with a fps ranging from 30-40 outside and about 60 indoors.

Upvote 0
Well they are rear guard security units fighting partisans, doubt they would get top of the line equipment.

And it was usually in the camps. I love the look of your maps but I really lag in them. I do have a pathetic comp but I can run maps like Leningrad Streets etc with a fps ranging from 30-40 outside and about 60 indoors.

i really lag in most of wicked's maps aswell the weird thing is its not the fps but my mouse always responses in a weird matter :X

Upvote 0
This may be an error, may be design:

Playing with bots...

By default the camp is uncapable for the germans until they have both outposts. After the outposts fell, I was about to cap the camp, when one of the outposts was recapped by the russians.

However, I could then continue to cap the camp, which ended up being an uncapable GERMAN objective afterwards.

Is that on purpose, or shouldn't it have become inactive when the outpost fell back to the russians?

PS: Would be lovely if someone could do a few partisan "non-uniforms" for this map.

Upvote 0
All objectives being recappable is by design. It used to be that the Germans would cap both outposts within the first 3 minutes of play, and the rest of the map would be fighting over the central camp.

So, now I've made it that all three objectives are recapturable once both outposts fall initially.

However, what you're describing does sound like a bug. I think I forgot to set "recappable" to true for the main camp.

I apologize for that guys. I somehow missed that.

EDIT: There's a new version of the map online now. Just use the same download link as above.

Upvote 0
This map is fantastic, the great atmosphere around, the lighting and the fantastic music and some small things like cups, unfinished food etc, causes that it really makes you feel you just walked into a abandoned camp.

Gallery of Partisan Forest but i imagine Raid version is quite similiar in appearance, but it is much more playable.

One of the greatest map to play at 2am

Upvote 0
People have different kinds of monitors, thus having a lighter one gives an unfair advantage. It is very nice and atmospheric, but many people just bypass the darkness with higher gamma and spank the opposition. I have always been skeptical of dark maps, mostly because my own monitor is so dark, should I just ramp up the brightness, aka cheat and make the game look white, or look at a black screen and shoot randomly while some other people can see me easily. Beautiful map, but I say technology and psychology prevent me from enjoying it. :(

Upvote 0