• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-PariserPlatz-III-ISU-152

Really dislike being on the business end of that ISU, regular HE works just about as good as the APHE on the panther, even more so if there is infantry taking cover nearby. One thing though about it, is it me, or does anyone else think the driver's hatch shuts a bit too quickly?

At the relatively close ranges present on Pariserplatz, you probably aren't going to notice any difference in the effectiveness between the two shell types against AFV's - although as noticed, the HE shell has the added bonus of creating collateral damage. In a larger map, say like on Debrecen or my upcoming Sandomierz, you'll probably want to use the APHE shells instead. Reading historical accounts about the ISU series in action, you'll see that even if the shells did not penetrate the armor of the big cats, the concussive force of the AP shell (or nearby HE detonation for the matter) was enough to knock out vital systems like gearboxs, axles, turret mechanisms, crew, etc.

The driver's hatch/overlay in animation is a known issue. Right now we're compiling a list of needed fixes before our final release.

As SchutzeSepp noted in his original post, please send all of your comments, criticism, and bug reports about the ISU to this thread:

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25164

Thanks!:)

Upvote 0
ok, this map can be the best one to play, or a downright nightmare, if you have idiotic tankers ( when you read "what's the key to change shell type and range" you know you're in for a disaster. oh, and "there's a time and place to start for everyone" yeah, but at this level, place is called "practice mode". or just read the bloody manual and the keyboard layout before first loging in, ffs). Also, you might really want to add some sort of spawn protection. Already mentionned the fact that, even without clear LOF into the spawn, german shell exploding against the trunks cause mayhem. Also, today, while trying to cap Tor approach, a german Mger sneaked (or already was) in the staircase sandbag counpound on the Goering Strasse. The guy killed us right as we spawned, slaughtering like 40 before his MG melted from overheat or ran out of ammo. (dunno which, but he certainly had begun to overheat from the sound of the MG). Generally, when spawn advance, there s always one or 2 german in a bush behind you who can shoot you right as you spawn.

Upvote 0
i think i can solve that by adding progressive minefiels that close the captured area for germans, just like on kriegstadt.

i have spawnprotection, but it might be too short.

about the arty falling in builings, i have placed no-arty zones over most of the problematic buildings. the problem is that you can still pinpoint an area for an arty barrage right next to those no-arty zones, and some shells will fall in that zone.
no system is perfect, i guess those shells simulate the fact that arty shells come in from an certain angle, and not from above.

i also noticed that overlit room, almost systematically after every rebuild of the map, there was one new room (zone) that had no lightmap. when i was supposed to release the map i had a ton of sudden problems and errors that i had to fix. it seems i have overlooked that one.

Upvote 0
Go with the lesser of 2 evils and stick the the three fausts thanks. As you rely on your anti tankers to do their job, and they wouldn't go that class if they couldn't, but giving them 1 faust of even 2 undermines them and you will start pulling you hair out *** you go back to restock and some nut job just run by, picks it up and uses it as anti infantry.
I guess if Allied players want to keep there tanks alive they need protection as when I went in the ISU I had 3 clan mates up front watching me, most people are not so fortunate.

Upvote 0
Now I love this map more than ever before:). This map has changed a lot.
With more cover in the street, the combat are really back on the streets after the gate now! And I'm also glad that the last pocket of resistance has come back!
Thank you very much for the great job,Sepp! :D

Just one problem.I think German have too many reinforcements in this map.:( I still remember in very old version of this map,Russian usually win the battle with more than 30% rein left.And I could always hear German said"Fall back! We don't have enough reinforcements.Just let them in!" Then I saw many German dug in after the gate.I love the desperate feeling for the germans. But now I can't find any.:( Germans are rushing all the time.They don't need to worry about the reinforcements.
Here's a screenshot I took yesterday.Russian ran out of rein even before they capture the gate.While German still got 13% left.It's not the first time I saw Russian ran out of rein in this new map. You can say "Haha,Russian team are noobs".
But I'd say"Hey,it's Berlin! Russian lack of reinforcements:D ?!"
(And sorry for bad English)

Attachments

• outofrein.jpg
    outofrein.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I agree with nike_angus, while it is good to make the Russians work hard to win, being a defensive player I found it much more fun in the old versions when we were down to few reinforcements and we had to actually stay hidden and defend, rather than rushing to the enemy to fight them. Even if we lost it was enjoyable trying to last until the time runs out, and winning was ten times more satisfying than it is now because it was against all odds. I have always thought with this new version that Russians could do with more reinforcements, or the Germans with less, the fight just doesn't feel as 'desperate' as it used to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This has changed from being a good map to being a very good map indeed.

I love the lighting and general 'grittiness' of it - I also love the way the rubble and pavement textures are used together in the 'platz to make it look exactly like a battle-scarred street would look.

The addition of superbly executed new vehicles (especially the ISU - good sound effects there), superior uniforms and a far better implementation of MG's than the stock game are also major factors in this map pwning.

Get the balance right and you will have one of the best RO maps of any description.

Upvote 0
A small request about the Ferdinand wreck: with all the trouble taken to get the streets and buildings now in keeping with April/May 1945, could not the wrecks be too? It is highly unlikely a Ferdinand wreck would be in Berlin streets then. Don't know about the Hetzer ... rather Panthers, Tigers?

IMHO maps often have the wrecks, craters and ruins in the most unlikely or illogical shapes and positions/angles, which can spoil otherwise excellent layouts and atmosphere.

Upvote 0
all noted, the minimap is on my list of things i wanted to change.
the wrecks are mostly relics that have remained in place since the first beta's one year ago now, i will have some new wrecks available.
the stock wrecks of panther and tiger don"t really fit in the map, too bright inaccurate texture and damage is overdone. german tanks were mostly abandoned after being damaged, the ferdinand and hetzer look that way.

Upvote 0
This map scared me at first, the responsibility for tank support w/ limited tank re-enforcements was too much to bear for me. :eek:

especially with infantrymen such as me who let flow a stream of written profanities when they see the armour wasted by fausts because they have charged well ahead from the soviets infantry, or destroyed from a side hit by german armour despite repeated "JS2, Panther on your 3!" or similar warnings for the last 60 seconds...
And imagine the kind of answers I can give to questions such as "how do you change the types of shell/range/view?" :D
(I *would* be the first to answer those questions on any other map, *even* on another combined arms map. But the outcome of Parizerplatz depends SO HEAVILY on wether the soviets have good tankers (*) _ the man Sepp himself being one of the best I ever saw_ that people who haven't even read the manual nor played practice a few times really should be shot before they can get into a soviet tank ;) )

(*) another necessary thing is a good commander. I saw Eenter reach a score of like 270 a few days ago, in like 1 and 1/2 rounds. And we totally stomped the Germans in both rounds (despite the first of said 2 rounds not being well engaged up to the point he took the job. Second round was just casual stroll in Berlin)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just put ur GF's picture in an easter egg somewhere. That's what I would do.

*Edit* - meaning my wife, Obviously I wouldn't put YOUR GF's picture in my map :D

:D she likes to watch me play RO while sitting on my lap, only she doesn't like servers with no deathmessages. because she laughs at all the names that some people choose, and keeps track of who killed me, so i can take revenge :D

btw she thinks im totally crazy (in a bad way) for writing that in the overhead.

Upvote 0
Sovjet Tank Ammo Depot?

Sovjet Tank Ammo Depot?

I was thinking it might be a good idea to place a tank ammo depot in the sovjet tank spawn for when the ISU 152 runs out of ammo - though slow to reload the ammo is spent very rapidly and thus it has no more value in battle than as a slow moving shield. Of course this means that the ISU 152 and other tanks will have to disengage the battle, drive back to the tank spawn area and reload at the depot before rentering the fray. With the limited numbers of tanks it would be realistic to have them leave the battle in order to rearm rather than the present option of having to have to destroy them so a replacement can respawn.

Upvote 0