• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RO-Orel-88vs76_2 - Allies nerfed a bit too much

....and new artillery-radio positions.

For example (again, seen from the Red side), the Allied forward spawn...instead of quickly trying to find the building with the radio inside, why not have it close to that little wall on the ridge just north of the spawn?
That's a good observation-post, with view over Ruins, Central, and East Height.
BlackDayJuly has good artillery observation posts.
Orel has much to long travelling-times to radio's...the chance to hit a friendly instead is to big.
And the Redux-version I've played, is even worse...the fastest vehicle is a T-34, as the BA is removed from this map. This leaves only 2 tankcommanders to spot for artillery.

Upvote 0
BTW, that new Orel_Redux is freaking ridiculous. Even if Russians have 25 T34 and 12 KV1 at spawn, with only 16 players, it makes no difference versus Tigers and Panthers. :rolleyes:

Most historically accurate tank loadouts are going to favor the German side. If Germans have plenty of Tigers and panthers, then at least someone should make a mutator that forces 2 or 3 extra players to be on the Russian side at all time. As an example, If there are 20 players, then it should be 12 Russians vs 8 germans.

Upvote 0
I'd like to see a couple of completely new tank-maps from the Devs...there seems to be a high demand for it.
I'd like to see Orel fixed & finished ONCE AND FOR ALL! But at the rate things are going it'll be next year again before all the problems are fixed and the map is done. I'm seriously considering making a tank map after my current one.

Upvote 0
I have questioned this before a couple of times, but because I didn't see anyone else picking up on it, I wondered if I was just being really stupid- so thanks.
No it's the person who made this ridiculous version that's not thinking clearly. WOW 30 tanks for Russians!!! That's great! Unfortunately only 16 players exist to inhabit them and when you die a replacement tank spawns with you so anything over 16 is usefull for nothing other than dropping your framerate when you look at a bunch of empty tanks sitting there.

Upvote 0
No it's the person who made this ridiculous version that's not thinking clearly. WOW 30 tanks for Russians!!! That's great! Unfortunately only 16 players exist to inhabit them and when you die a replacement tank spawns with you so anything over 16 is usefull for nothing other than dropping your framerate when you look at a bunch of empty tanks sitting there.
And the servers usually look like this:
Allies 14 players
Axis 18 players

Upvote 0