• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Moscow_beta1

I've played it a few times now with 20-30 players. Mostly players that were new to the map.

The first time, while most were still DL'ing the map, the Axis took the Park and Church quickly. Two experienced players on the Axis team kept the Allies from coming out of spawn for the next two objectives (lodging themselves at the corner of a building and some sandbags that put a crossfire onto the spawn exit where the Allies must run up the stairs. They capped all but the final square in about 5 minutes. Even with everyone on the Soviet team playing for the first time, the Soviets held the Axis off at the final square for the remainder of the map. A good 15 or 20 minutes, if I recall correctly.

Tonight, there were hard fought battles for most of the objectives. The Axis reached the final objective with 5 minutes to go. It was easy for the Soviets to hold them at bay. Perhaps as people become more familiar with the map, that will change.

Historical or not, the map has good gameplay potential and is quite fun.

Floyd

Upvote 0
when you run out of the second russian spawn, in front of the church, there is a position, which blocks you

Shot00131.jpg

Upvote 0
Great map :D

Just a few things:

1) The Park is very difficult for the germans to cap in this version
2) A second path from the first Allied spawn to the Church/Ammo capzones would be appreciated cos people tend to run into each other :confused:
3) Some more cover on the german approaches to the monument is needed

Upvote 0
We played this map on a full server with good teamplayers on both sides.
I don't know why many people complain about the Park area -we took it without any real problems, but then.. Oh my.
We struggled fighting for Church and that objective to the right for like 20 or more minutes. It was extremely hard. But after lots of swearing, we finally capped the obj near Church and tried to hold it for some time, cutting Russian reinforcements. It was a little easier then, but we still couldn't get the Church for 5-10 more minutes.
We lost without taking the Hotel. Something should be done to make gameplay for Germans a little easier. I also had experience when Germans tried to take the last objective. It is not possible, imho, in these conditions. Either give Germans at least 1 smoke grenade, or competely rework that objective. It was a turkey shoot, not only Russian riflemen did the killings, but smgs as well from big distances.
Also, the area around the Church is a bit laggy some times. Possibly the lack of anti-portals?

A little off-topic
When I'm playing, I want the gameplay to simulate like I'm in the capital of the Soviet Union.
Look. You try finding me at least one photo of such monuments, not only in Moscow - from any city or village of Soviet Union. Nobody in sane mind would build such structures at that time. Most of my clanmates and palyers from Ro.ru community live in Moscow. Every freaking one of them disliked the fact that this map is called "Moscow", because at this moment it doesn't look like one. I have no problems with that, as long as it has good gameplay, but saying that it's realistic to put such monument there because it's representing a capital of SU is wrong, because real capital of USSR did not have such things.
although it makes less sense in POE because most Ukrainians, my impression is, do not like the Russians
Ukraine is divided now. ~50% of Ukrainians (those who live to the West of Kiev - in L'vov, for example) are extremely Russiaphobic, while those who live in Kiev, to the East of it (Kharkov, Denpropetrovsk etc) and in the Southern part of Ukraine (especially here - in Crymea Russians make 90% of the population) are pro-Russians.

Upvote 0
We played this map on a full server with good teamplayers on both sides.
I don't know why many people complain about the Park area -we took it without any real problems, but then.. Oh my.
We struggled fighting for Church and that objective to the right for like 20 or more minutes. It was extremely hard. But after lots of swearing, we finally capped the obj near Church and tried to hold it for some time, cutting Russian reinforcements. It was a little easier then, but we still couldn't get the Church for 5-10 more minutes.
We lost without taking the Hotel. Something should be done to make gameplay for Germans a little easier. I also had experience when Germans tried to take the last objective. It is not possible, imho, in these conditions. Either give Germans at least 1 smoke grenade, or competely rework that objective. It was a turkey shoot, not only Russian riflemen did the killings, but smgs as well from big distances.
Also, the area around the Church is a bit laggy some times. Possibly the lack of anti-portals?

A little off-topic

Look. You try finding me at least one photo of such monuments, not only in Moscow - from any city or village of Soviet Union. Nobody in sane mind would build such structures at that time. Most of my clanmates and palyers from Ro.ru community live in Moscow. Every freaking one of them disliked the fact that this map is called "Moscow", because at this moment it doesn't look like one. I have no problems with that, as long as it has good gameplay, but saying that it's realistic to put such monument there because it's representing a capital of SU is wrong, because real capital of USSR did not have such things.

What I need to do to fix all these issues is to remake a lot of meshes in a 3d app and create new more complex ones. The reason for the lag you get near church is the poorly optimized meshes converted from BSP that need replacing. Right now I'm learning how to use 3Dsmax so it shouldnt be long before I am able to do such things. Farther down the road I'll remake the monument with more advanced custom content. So basically beta 2 is a long long way off.

Upvote 0
I played this map today, the Germans won in a few minutes, many Russians not scoring a single point. I thought at first we were just a very poor team, but many of the players had gotten huge scores in very difficult roles on previous maps.

Perhaps give the Germans fewer Stg 44s, they were the primary cause of death for most of us. Also, maybe give the Russians better fields of fire, it seemed like we only got a split second to shoot the Germans before they got into the buildings we were supposed to be defending. The 2 capzones after park are very far apart, and the Russian spawn is VERY far from the front at that point.

Upvote 0
I had a great time playing on this map today. I only wish more servers were running it. The only one I can find it on is BOH, and unfortunately I do not speak german. I long for the days when RTR and FK had a server that rotated the latest and greatest infantry maps.

FKR still have a large selection of maps on there #1 server.
Mainly CA..but still a wide variety...and the server sits empty most of the time...Try dropping a line on FKmod for a change of maps...Cheers

Upvote 0
had a great time playing on this map today. I only wish more servers were running it.

Its the same with most great customs there seems to be a reluctance to run any new maps on the popular servers for some reason.

Love this map m8 very playable, I think to myself when I play it that it is a "a what if map" since there is 1944 equipment laying around-:D
Good stuff keep up the good work.

bugs: The middle monument thing at the last capzone is floating a little bit didnt get a screenie though-:(

Upvote 0

OK, but, please, not the donkey / horse rampant; there has to be something better and hopefully that is also a symbol of the Soviet Union to give it that Moscow cachet.

Upvote 0