• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO-Lyeskrovy has no allied bolts

Depth of play

Depth of play

Y'know, what I'm finding with all these new maps coming out is that several of them require each team to adopt a new style of play, and the first few days of it are rough. I've at times thought "man, this map is just really no good" until I and the rest of my team has learned enough to get some kind of tactical grip on it. Lazur for example was a complete dork-fest for a few days before people got a grip. Mahknovo was the worst. Talk about just getting slaughtered until we figured out how to load up the half-track and go back for teammates. This is all depth of play.

For a little while I imagine the germans might be getting slaughtered on this map by their grenades, by the russian grenades, and by the russian smgs, but then some people are gonna push on the matter, figure it the f&*k out and the russians are gonna be crying in their puny lil trenches. :)

Upvote 0
this great map will surely bring some of the DOD folks running and gunning over to RO-OST during the free week. good idea DEVs.
IMO the addition of smoke is key! using sachels and grenades as a distraction or smoke screen has been getting my ass session banned lately. :p to those who ban any {FUX} member. for shame, and a pox on yer first born :p anyhow, forget throwing bolts on this map...tho bayo maddess would be awesome. imagine a squad, 3 abreast running thru the trenches with bayos ready...carnage!:)...carnage untill an smg hoses them all down from the hip.:mad: listen up kids...unless u are a ballsy/skilled player remember the saying: keep yer head up and yer stick on the ice...& dont bring a knife to a gun fight.

Upvote 0
I think more maps should provide appropriate weapons for the situation.

Like I once suggested to the designer of "Partisan Forest"; Germans wouldn't attack a forest at night with mostly rifles while they can't see more than 5 meters ahead of them.

In this case, Russians are clearing a German trench with mostly close range fighting, so smgs are the right weapon. You still have 2 auto rifles at least.

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
Sorry; but people complaining about SMGers owing riflers etc *cry* *cry, * *whinge*...*whinge*...really does my head in!

They need to realise using an SMG in RO is quite a lot harder than the "no recoil", "no xhair" experience of other shooters..you still have to take time to aim, and fire, and if you get close enough to an SMGer for them to be able to kill you with a random spray you deserve to die!

Sorry that may come as a surprise, but if they've got close enough to you (yes you standing proud with your kar98k), to drill you with a load of bullets, before you got a chance to aim, then you died realistically, and they had the drop on you - simple as that.

Riflemen just need to learn to pick positions carefully, and you'll easily cut down one enemy after the other before they even see where the shot came from....rushing into a group of enemy SMGers is asking for certain death!

True this map is a close quarters map, but their is still plenty of opportunity for kar98k users to show their worth.

So stop moaning about the SMGs, its part of the game, they are fun and the most realistic I've "used" in a game, and they have a role to play just like the rifles.

This is not really true...smgs on the russian side take virtually no effort to aim at close range =D. German smgs take even less. Spray and pray if you cant aim anyways. Trust me after playing russians since ro came out first i can vouch that once you grasp where the ppd40 will hit generally, you have a MASSIVE advantage over the german cqc weapons.

Upvote 0
LOOK AT HISTORY!!! (Besides, this map isn't all that unbalanced, TY Devs for a beautiful killing zone. I admire the details, the dead soldiers on stretchers, bunkers outfitted with typewriters, etc... I also LOVE the fact that it looks very hastily constructed. You guys did an awesome job and I can't wait to see more!)

Soviet factories could produce MANY more SMG's at a faster pace than they could produce rifles. It's a fact. Although the Red army's opinion of SMG's in the first years were poor, throughout the war, as production showed them how cheap, yet effective they were, they became a favorite. It was not uncommon for whole regiments to be outfitted with SMG's and have very few rifles. Soviets even mounted "SMG charges" in flank and frontal assaults, firing as they ran to keep heads down before going H2H in trenches. I think it's better to at least have a weapon. After all, wasn't it one rifle to 3 men at times in Stalingrad and the beginning of the war? Well, after ramped up production, the Red army can finally equip you. Go forth with your SMG, stay under cover when necessary, and don't take one step back!

Upvote 0
Vakichev said:
Nobody's asking for 600 bolt action rifles, we just want 3-4 bolt actions so we can counter the heavy mg fire that comes down on the russians intially.

I don't think that would help. Those 3 or 4 riflemen would inevitably hang back in the woods and snipe the whole round instead of trying to help their team CAPTURE THE FRICKING OBJECTIVES. The russians have to make a madcap for the first two objectives and dive right into the trenches if they want any chance at all.

Upvote 0
Shadowman said:
I don't think that would help. Those 3 or 4 riflemen would inevitably hang back in the woods and snipe the whole round instead of trying to help their team CAPTURE THE FRICKING OBJECTIVES. The russians have to make a madcap for the first two objectives and dive right into the trenches if they want any chance at all.

Eh, if that's your idea of playing rifleman then you've not played enough rifle to even understand the concept. Rifles can go toe to toe with anything- you don't need 300 meters in front of you.

Upvote 0
I love playing as a rifleman. On any infantry map, I'm a rifleman 95% of the time. That having been said, anyone who wants to storm the endless trenches on LyesKrovy with a bolt-action rifle is just nuts. That's what submachineguns were made for, and they need no excuses to do it.

Kudos to the map designer for thinking outside the box on that map. Creative class choices are sorely needed to make maps balanced and competitive.

Upvote 0
I love the talk of Pro Soviet Maps. What utter BS. All maps can be had by either team. In the case of maps that get dominated by Soviets on Pub servers, it's a case of the German team not having a fricking clue as to how to play to their strenghts and counter the Reds.

Arad, clasic case in point. Germans get their Tigers to cover sth field, PIV's to back up inf and head to Nth Field and Inf to go via Sth Village through to Nth Village, the map is German owned in a short period of time.

Problem being on Public servers not many on the German team realise they have to work together Inf and Tanks to win and by the time they figure out some sembalance of a plan the Reds have rushed Sth Village and Field in unison and won.

Upvote 0