• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO:Ladder is shutting down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say this isn't surprising.

RO2, it's release and all the issues surrounding it is probably one of the biggest PR disasters I've been witness to and I've seen some pretty terrible ones! From ignoring the out reach of community members and organizers to listening to the advice of their own testers and experienced players, it seems Tripwire were actively(whether they intended to or not) attempting to sabotage their own community and apparently their own game.

I wouldn't be surprised if this so called 'new leaf' they've turned over is just as empty as the pre-release promises they made.

Upvote 0
"So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish". ROLadder closes its doors. A statement is available at [url]http://roladder.net/[/URL]

So, ROLadder is gone.

Wow, that's a pretty strong statement you guys are making.

Well I'm not giving up just yet. That Antilag mutator really makes a huge difference in the gameplay and hopefully the devs will come up with a real search and destroy no respawning mode that will bring the competition back for many clans that is so much in need.

If no improvements are made for the competitive aspect for clan ladders then this will be remembered by many customers regarding future purchases from this company and their lack of support in this area.

I know that Mr. Gibson is listening and has a lot of pride for his game, hopefully he will lead his team in the right direction.

Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best in the very near future.

Upvote 0
Sad day indeed.
I have been playing at ROLadder since it was first created and this site certainly was partially responsible for the amount of people playing the Mod & Ostfront for so long (I am more than sure a lot of players would have drifted off and never had come back).
Being part of the Mod & Ostfront Admin team, I can tell you the amount of man hours spent on this (especially the coders) was quite considerable, and really, everyone was doing the job because of the love of the game.

I have had countless matches at that site, and some great times.

Outside the normal RO2 play, I tend to agree with some of the views the ROLadder guys have raised.
In terms of Clan Play, I feel that this is the biggest area that RO2 was a let down in. I know a lot of clans attempted to have some sorta of clanning activity, but some of the issues in the game made it completely unplayable, resorting to Countdown Mode being adopted (not a pleasant experience)

Upvote 0
:eek: :mad:
bad news for RO

RIP.jpg

thx for 8 jears int. ro e-sports ! great work gyes

r.i.p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ROL has been my internet home for a long time and I'll miss all the people that I've met and talked to over the period of the competitive scene's life. Thank you ROLadder for the 7 years of love you've given me, I'll probably always hold a special place in my heart for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No surprise tbh.
It is simple, RO was a nearly perfect game. Everything we need was a improved version of it with cover system and how you handle MG's.
As i see it TWI wanted to make a new game with what they think would be improvements to attract a larger playerbase. It didn't fail because of the hype that was build up but in this state the longevity is not given.

Big respect to ROladder for keeping it up so long. However there are usually two sides to every story and regarding the no support policy of TWI it seems the truth is somewhere in the middle

Last edited:
Reactions: Sojuz
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.