• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO:Ladder interview with John "Ramm-Jaeger" Gibson

Thanks for the talk, too bad the lads were trying to stop this. Looks like Ramm was willing to talk more on features , Anyway to me it was clear from this talk that if they did implement spy planes there would be tanks as well
Something tells me that it's going to be so cool that it would be worth waiting for :IS2:

Upvote 0
Part 4 Ramm goes through his take on recon plane. I know he's already defended it somewhat through posts in here but the video really explains his position well. I'd suggest watching that. I feel much less worried about it after that.

Also, like Hockeywarrior said, having fans interview a game company's president like this, especially for a freaking hour's worth of time is damn cool. Oh and the bit about beta testing access and previous testers being asked back in first for the beta. I wonder if that includes the old temporary Ostfront beta testers. Good stuff. These past few days have been real damn exciting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the talk, too bad the lads were trying to stop this. Looks like Ramm was willing to talk more on features , Anyway to me it was clear from this talk that if they did implement spy planes there would be tanks as well
Something tells me that it's going to be so cool that it would be worth waiting for :IS2:

Well we didn't agree on a time for the interview beforehand, and when you are basically listening to someone its hard to think of the next question right away. At some point we were basically running out of questions :p. I think its obvious to see that I haven't really conducted an interview before but I tried my best. And I'm happy with the results ^^.

There are things I've missed that I actually planned on asking, my preparations weren't really top notch. But there are probably always other chances for me and other members of the community (perhaps some native english speaking :p) to try something like this again. Perhaps at Pax or Siege :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Zetsumei, YOU DID GREAT!!!

I learned a ton of stuff, and I just watched for John's foot-fidget-indicator to see when you were cutting close to the bone. ;)

Seriously though, I was blown away by his scalable map discussion, which I know is close to your heart too. I mean maps that can reduce in size, change pathing, and modify terrain features depending on max. player numbers (16-32-64)......STUPENDOUS! Also something I wanted to hear; "the cover system really changes the gameplay". Known this from BF2, but now we're going to get scalable maps along with destrucible terrain elements also......this means so much more in replayability!

Thanks all involved for this essential viewing.

Upvote 0
I really liked where he said how maps are scalable to 64/32/16. I've always been sad that Leningrad cannot be played on RO ladder simply because it's too big for 8vs8.

One thing I was confused about though... when he was talking about how the recon plane works and how there's delay for SLs and common soldiers... how do you get this info if you're playing on a server with max realism settings (i.e. no minimap)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0