• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt Beta 4

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
banner_b4.jpg

Client Downloads Mirrors:
Download from PzDF
Download from RO.pl

Server Download Mirrors
Download from PzDF
http://www.red.orchestra.pl/page.php?id=620&a=dlDownload from RO.pl

Historical Background:
Beginning on the 20th of April, 1945, the city of Berlin fell within range of Soviet artillery and signaled the start of the Battle of Berlin. Within a few days, the city would see itself encircled and its supply stocks captured: the fate of Berlin was sealed. Yet within the city itself was a garrison of some 45,000 Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS soldiers, far less than what it was said would be required to defend adequately. The defense of the city was divided in to eight defense sectors with designations from

Last edited:
Still haven't had a chance to try it, but looking forward to this weekend...

Alright, maybe this is a silly question (or not) but with previous versions, I would always have mismatch errors because of the MG42 files that were out. Either I had the wrong ones, or the servers were using different versions of your releases and it would cause endless headaches trying to connect to a server to play the map.

Which version of those files should I be using or have saved in my folders? :D

Upvote 0
Thank you for your kind words all! I only wish I could have done better sooner...

I'm not quite sure what I should do with the map, as I can't seem to come across a game full of players. I suppose what I shall attempt to do is reduce the overall "weight" of the map by reducing the number of files associated with it and the size of those that will remain.

On the cutting block are:
Kriegstadt_Sounds.uax (so no more air raid siren and such...)
Kriegstadt_T.utx (contains the PaK gun textures, can use the AHz texture pack instead, but will be losing the darker camo for the PaK43)

Although for this beta I increased the resolution for a few uniforms to 2048x2048, I may find myself reducing them back to 1024x1024 for the sake of a smaller download. It's not as though players look closely anyway...

I may - furthermore - remove the Soviet Greatcoats. This would be an upset for me, but it would reduce the number of PlayerRecordClass extensions by 5, reduce the size of the texture archive, and maybe alleviate some of the TK problems. Not a decision I would be happy to make.

Many files I would already expect players to have (those being the AHz vehicle pack files).

Assuming players have the AHz pack and I make a handful of reductions, we have gone from 49 files and ~70.2MB to 36 files and 37.5MB, not counting the cutbacks made to the uniforms.

I may also remove the SHK_IS2 animation package (so no hull MG for the IS2, although historical record supports that it never had one to begin with). Removing that .ukx would reduce the overall uz2 package by 1.85MB, but it would require me to rethink the role of the IS2 in the map as it is again reduced to a 2 man vehicle as opposed to something of an upgunned T-34. I may leave it in, or reduce the total number of Soviet tankers (up to 32 players they have a total of 4 tank crewmen, at >33 they have a total of 5, so a pairing of IS2 and SU76 becomes invalid!). Not worth the loss, maybe...

The Beta 3 EH-M43_Tex.utx was 10.0MB not in uz2 and the current EH-M43Uniforms_T is 16.6MB not in uz2 (5.17MB in uz2). However, Beta 3 had 2048x2048 greatcoats, so reducing everything to 1024x1024 will yield a yet smaller package...

So, dearest RO Forum friends, what do you make of this predicament?

Upvote 0