• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt Beta 3

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
banner_b2.jpg

RO-Kriegstadt: The Fall of Berlin, Beta 3

Client Downloads:
DOWNLOAD HERE (FileFront) *updated March 9th*

Server Admin Downloads:
DOWNLOAD HERE (FileFront) *updated March 9th*

Historical Background:
Beginning on the 20th of April, 1945, the city of Berlin fell within range of Soviet artillery and signaled the start of the Battle of Berlin. Within a few days, the city would see itself encircled and its supply stocks captured: the fate of Berlin was sealed. Yet within the city itself was a garrison of some 45,000 Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS soldiers, far less than what it was said would be required to defend adequately. The defense of the city was divided in to eight defense sectors with designations from “A” to “H,” and in the center lay Sektor Z or the “Zitadelle” where the XVIII Panzergrenadier Division was held in reserve. Over the next week, Soviet forces overran the city block by block, reducing the territory held by the Germans to a strip of land no larger than 15km long and 3km at its widest. At this point, the date was April 28th 1945, and the Third Shock Army was little more than over a kilometer away from the Reichstag. But between the Soviets and their objective remains the 11.SS ‘Nordland’ division, a volunteer force of Scandinavians who will fight to the bitter end, and they hold a vital obstacle which will need to be overcome: the Moltke Bridge.

Screenshots:

Loadouts:
Allies:
Reinforcements: 1500
x1 Kommandir Oteldynia
x1 Kommandir Tanka
x2 Pulemetchik
x3 Epihzah Tanka
x8 Avtomatchik
∞ Strelok

Axis:
Reinforcements: 475
x1 Zugf

Last edited:
Reactions: emrys
Everything *should* be there; I talked to a few people with varying results. Some got it to work with no hassle and another had trouble getting it to show up in practice mode.

I've got a server version ready to go, have to upload it.

EDIT: Okay, so the one user who couldn't see it on the practice list was able to join a listen server hosted by another user, and said that nothing was downloaded in the process and that they were both able to play Beta 3 on the listen server, however the map still does not appear in practice mode.

I don't know what to say :confused:

Upvote 0
I loaded everything (from the client file) on a dedicated box, made sure the .ini file included the serverpackages, compressed everything and put the compressed files on the redirect...etc. etc. Stopped and restarted the server numerous times. Still not showing up on the maplist.

(Its a server that never had Kreigstadt on it.)

I could try manually editing the maplist, but no guarantees.

Upvote 0
Its possible there is a conflict. However, this is a clean RO install. The only other custom map file on the server is RO-Danzig-Remix-V1B2.

I see the Improved Machine Guns mutator in the mutators list. The only other mutator is the ROMutator16Bit.

The AHz MinionWorks vehicle pack is not installed. Its not listed as a requirement.

I'll take a look at it again in the morning.

**edit** Here are the last two lines from the serverlog file:
Warning: Failed to load 'InterfaceArt2_ahz_tex': Can't find file for package 'InterfaceArt2_ahz_tex'
Warning: Failed to load 'Kriegstadt_T': Can't find file for

**Edit** more serverlog entries:

Warning: Failed to load 'InterfaceArt2_ahz_tex': Can't find file for package 'InterfaceArt2_ahz_tex'
Warning: Failed to load 'Kriegstadt_T': Can't find file for package 'InterfaceArt2_ahz_tex'
Warning: Failed to load 'EH-KriegstadtMisc': Can't find file for package 'InterfaceArt2_ahz_tex'
Warning: Failed to load 'RO-Kriegstadt_Beta3': Can't find file for package 'InterfaceArt2_ahz_tex'
Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary RO-Kriegstadt_Beta3.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'InterfaceArt2_ahz_tex'
Warning: Error loading RO-Kriegstadt_Beta3 !

Floyd

Upvote 0