• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt Beta 2

"Another thing crash, I have noticed on your server that on larger player loads it tends to lag up a bit. It will run just fine until you hit a certain number of players, then the server gets a little upset. I'm cutting down on the Panzerfaust spawns a bit but I don't think it will have a massive impact on the network performance."

Since B3 will be on a completely different box, this shouldn't pose an issue. We've had a few issues spreading the load around our own box simply because when our 64 man BF2 servers are kicking, they don't always play nicely with a pair of 40+ man RO servers. Throw a few more games into the mix and it can be a bit chaotic on a busy night.

Upvote 0
I was about to msg hobo to quit slacking off and release K3 already... then I saw his steam page...

Untitled-1-3.jpg

Upvote 0
I had to jump through close to 20 General Protection Faults just for moving my mouse in a way that the editor didn't approve.

-_-

**** that.

Also it seems that my optimization efforts have just turned around and I am now getting a lower fps than I was yesterday. So, I've decided to cut visibility down to 18500 units (just above 300m). Hopefully that will help? On the other hand, my system never quite cared for portals thanks to Nvidia's awesome 8800 drivers.

I would like to say the map is on schedule for 6PM EST, but depending on how much the editor decides to give me ****, it could be delayed.

Currently doing a full rebuild now and will test when its done.

All code and texture assets are completed, so really it is just the map itself holding me back now.

Upvote 0
Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3595 MHz with 1022MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (6921)

General protection fault!

History: ATerrainInfo::LineCheck <- ComputeTerrainLookAtLocation <- UUnrealEdEngine::MousePosition <- WM_MOUSEMOVE <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/EvilHobo/computing.gif

Upvote 0