• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt Beta 2

It would be wrong with increased sideways recoil as that only happens when the gun is braced incorrectly. The recoil should be mostly vertical in nature as it do climb when fired due to the pivot point at the bipod hinge. Horisontal recoil is more felt when the bipod is mounted to the rear but when mounted at the front and breaced correctly the sideways recoil would result in a sideways dispersion of only a few centimeters - well at the least that is my experience with the MG3 which should be comparable to the MG42.

Upvote 0
Well, MG42 is being left as it is in the current EH-MG_Mod build. I discovered that if I kept pushing it that the recoil values would go over the stock ones.

Anyway, a bit of a question I would like to pose to the Kriegstadt fans out there:

Since my efforts at spawn-linked Panzerfausts cannot come to fruition due to the way the game is designed, a workaround will be needed (see here). However, coding, testing, and finally implementing this new Panzerfaust cache thing may take a while to do, and thus delay Beta 3 further. On the downside, keeping the Panzerfausts as they are increases server load significantly and it is felt on larger servers, and particularly the RTR Latest & Greatest. Naturally, I would like to see the map played as smoothly as possible on as many servers as possible, which is why network optimization like spawn controlled Panzerfaust pickups is an important thing for me.

So, would you like Beta 3 soon without the Panzerfaust optimization or Beta 3 later with the Panzerfaust optimization?

Furthermore, I would like to know whether or not the idea forwarded in the Coding section about Panzerfaust caches is a good idea or not.

Upvote 0
Hm. From what I understand, your time is at a premium for work on mapmaking - at least thats how it has seemed. So what I would say is, shoot for beta 3 to be as close to the Final as possible.. since it may be some time before you can work on it again(?). I dunno, maybe you have lots of time now.. :confused:

I'd rather see most, if not all, of those optimizing techniques that Guppy was throwing down, implemented; so the map runs smoother. The Faust issue is also a part of the map running smoother so, I think that should be done as well. Faust cache sounds like a good solution. And no offense crash, but I'm another person who thinks B2 runs poorly on your L&G server. It was unplayable for me a lot of the time whereas it was generally smooth on the other servers.

I would very much like to see this map realized in the way you, EH, envisioned it.. and I, for one, am willing to wait. What I dont want to see is a map that couldve defined urban fighting in RO.. left in a beta state. Gorlitz had incredible shots at being that map and now its rare to see it played. Left for dead in a beta state. (who knows, maybe FPH is working on something incredible we dont know about :p) Dont rush it. Make it good. All the coding work you've put into it so far deserves the quality touch toward the end.

edit: have you tested out that 1850 value for the HE yet? cause I'm thinking that would like, cover three floors vertically and horizontally D:!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No offence taken, Rez. Seems there are a few people who have had that issue, but most seem to be ok. This may be answered elsewhere in this thread (I'll admit I haven't read all 482 pages). Has this been an issue on other servers with a large number of other players? If it's more than a minor annoyance, I'd say hold off until the issue is solved. I'll just be impatient longer. :D

I like the idea of pockets of German resistance mucking up the Russian assault. I wonder if they idea could be expanded up and utilized in other areas of the map? In urban combat there would certainly be small groups of soldiers cut off from their unit by a rapidly advancing enemy. Taking that a bit further, might it be possible to randomize the 30 second spawn points so the defending troops would pop up occasionally behind enemy lines? Imagine the irritation to Russian troops all snug behind their cover when a German MG opens up on them from behind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm really starting to think that the SDK knows when I am getting close to a release and purposely starts giving me BSP holes from portals and whatnot everywhere. If you see any boarded up windows, it is because they were insolent and didn't get along well with the other windows.

Suffice to say, I think I have got a potential release candidate. Just going to wait on the code materials that need to be adapted, then go for a Beta 3 release after some closed testing with the clan. Then, I guess it will be time to write up the changelog (that will probably take a week on its own...)

Anyway,
On the subject of pockets of German resistance, throughout the rest of the map I can't see it working due to the rampant spawn/exit camping that would occur. A German left behind at the Dornburg Apartments or anywhere really can really create an issue for the Allies because their spawns tend to leapfrog in to the position of the previous objective. I have, however, granted some chance of hope to Germans who get stranded in the Deutsche Bank. The minefield there has been altered such that the Germans cannot make it toward the front of the building (and the Soviet spawn) but can instead make it toward the rear of the building and to a staircase as well. One change I implemented for the cap was a door on the second floor that links to the room that has a hole in the floor (letting the Germans drop down to the first floor), and this door lets the Germans enter directly on the second floor, but the door can only be opened from their side (this means that the Allies will not be able to open it and heavily disrupt the German reinforcements flow or keep spamming their 'use' key to constantly open/close the door to prevent the Germans from gaining entrance). So, Germans trapped in the Deutsche Bank can fight to their last ounce of energy or be "rescued" by a fellow German who opens the door for them to escape.

Another thing crash, I have noticed on your server that on larger player loads it tends to lag up a bit. It will run just fine until you hit a certain number of players, then the server gets a little upset. I'm cutting down on the Panzerfaust spawns a bit but I don't think it will have a massive impact on the network performance.

Upvote 0
Sadly I forgot on which server we were playing last night.
But the 50 player server had it very difficult by just looking at the pings and the lag all players experienced.
Especially on the last cappoint the server became laggy (real lag + our pings were 3 times as high as normal).

So try to keep an eye on performance with these huge maps.

Monk.

Upvote 0