• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt Beta 2

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
banner_b2.jpg

RO-Kriegstadt: The Fall of Berlin, Beta 2

DOWNLOAD HERE (FileFront)
DOWNLOAD HERE (PzDF RO FTP)

Historical Background: Beginning on the 20th of April, 1945, the city of Berlin fell within range of Soviet artillery and signaled the start of the Battle of Berlin. Within a few days, the city would see itself encircled and its supply stocks captured: the fate of Berlin was sealed. Yet within the city itself was a garrison of some 45,000 Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS soldiers, far less than what it was said would be required to defend adequately. The defense of the city was divided in to eight defense sectors with designations from

Last edited:
Argh, what's stupid is that right now there are two 40+ player servers playing it, with 8 players in each. I tried to band these two servers together but they feel compelled to play this epic map 4 on 4. Meanwhile 50 player arad and 50 player danzig are full.

This is called human behaviour. We must realize that maybe 70% ,but it could be more, of the players actually just jump on the server they know and plays what comes up. It's very well possible they doesn't even visit this forum to find out about new maps.

When voting is on a significant number of players just followed what has been vote by others. Or just pick a map they know.... When something new comes up they won't even take the time to find their way around.
It seems they prefer to have their food chewed before served.

Upvote 0
The weapon worked perfectly fine before the most recent Red Orchestra patch which added Manual Tank Shell Reloading. The weapon will not function unless you have it enabled. Furthermore, the weapon will cease to function if someone without the option enabled tried to use the gun. It is buggy, but it will work if you use it properly.

Just read the post.

Any class can use it, you just have to have manual reloading on. If someone without it fires the gun, said gun becomes useless.

Upvote 0
Which class can use it properly then?

It has nothing to do with Classes, if you read it he says it is caused by the manual reload that was introduced in the new RO patch, you have to have it enabled to use the Pak43, but if someone else uses it without the manual reloads enabled on their PC, then the Pak43 will no longer be useable by anyone.

Upvote 0
Awesome map!!

I have a small question about the new Allied equipment. Is this not Axis equipment?

kriegstadt2pn5.jpg
Yes, the greatcoats by EH, though looking cool, are just 'elaborate hackjobs' of the German uniforms, and for some reason most of the German equipment is linked to other parts of the body meaning if they were removed they would look a lot worse.

We really need some more different official uniforms.

Upvote 0
The gear is integrated in to the model, so I can't change it, all I can do is adjust the skins (which is why the Zeltbahn is no longer a camo pattern but instead more cloth-like in its appearance).

Anyway guys here's some things I observed and hope to add/change:
  • Minefields that work (a lot of them stopped working for this Beta, don't know why)
  • Adding blocking volumes to windows on the second floors and up on buildings to prevent players from proning on the window sills (terribly unrealistic)
  • Reducing the frontal armor value of the Pantherturm by 1 such that it can be penetrated by the T34/85 -OR- removing Panzerfaust immunity from the rear. Not both.
  • Reducing spawn times for the Soviet tanks at the Deutsche Bank objective by 5 seconds.
  • PaK gun directly behind the bridge has the tendency to respawn automatically, meaning you will have two AT Guns stacked on top of one another. This will be changed.
Doesn't seem like a lot but it all adds up when you take in to consideration the effects it will have on gameplay, especially the minefields.

Upvote 0
Awesome map EH, the only problem I'm having with it is the Allies and Axis uniforms being so close to the same color. It is impossible telling them apart unless you see you teammates name over his head. I added the server packages to the ini like you said, no go, so I figured I'd wait till beta 2 but still so much team killing due to same color except for a couple axis camo. We really like the map but need to figure this out.

Upvote 0