RO-Kriegstadt Beta 2

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shurek

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2006
www.darkesthourgame.com
Agreed! This is madness, impossible! I thought I read somthing about a server dedicated to the 4 Berlin maps... but glueing them together?

omg!

What's the fourth Berlin map? Der FuhrerBunker??:p

And yes, this is off topic...but when is someone going to do an epic Seelow Heights map!??!!?!?!one

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
Well everyone, given the state of the map and the only remaining necessity being the updated code for the PaK40 and PaK43, in conjunction with my schedule for the immediate future, I think it will be safe to set a release date.

Ready?

Friday, March 7th 2008

Hamburgerphil

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 29, 2006
Ontario, Canada
That's pretty epic, Hobbes. However! I just came off the most epic round of Kriegstadt ever.

Russians were having issues with their tankers and germans were utterly destroying the opposition at Dornburg for the whole map. A fun loving group of us germans decide to fall back all the way to the Moltke Bridge objective.

Then we made a picture in front of a pak.

And prepared to meet the russian foe.

And charged them at the final objective for the epics.

T'was quite epic.

TT33

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 2, 2007
Nice! m8

And yes, this is off topic...but when is someone going to do an epic Seelow Heights map!??!!?!?!one

I have a map if someone is interested.

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
If I release before Mare Nostrum, people will still play Mare Nostrum. If I release after Mare Nostrum, people who don't like it can play Kriegstadt.

18Bravo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 31, 2006
Tennessee, USA
If the ISU is as powerful as it is on PariserPlatz, then you could just fire at a building nearby that bridge crossing, and moe than likely get them all in the process. Possibly knocking out the pak if its still intact.

On another note, anyone else seeing that the thread has 24 pages, but can only access 23?

2fisted

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2006
MN usa
What's the fourth Berlin map? Der FuhrerBunker??:p
Well, it is in Berlin. :rolleyes:

But there is also wilhelmplatz & Enigma. (But I think Enigma is a fantasy part of Berlin?)

if you would turn right in the street right after the pariserplatz on RO-Pariserplatz, you would end up on the wilhelmplatz, so again this map is part of a follow-up serie of maps based on the battle of berlin.

It would be realy cool to see an over head map showing where the berlin maps fall into place. Thinking about going there this spring.

Lt_Kettch

FNG / Fresh Meat
Epic overhead would be epic ...

epic.jpg

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
You can see a bit of Kriegstadt cut-content on the above map -- the Kriminalgericht-Moabit. It had been intended to be one of the early objectives or the first objective, but due to its position on the opposite side of the Alt-Moabit-Stra

SchutzeSepp

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 23, 2006
Thx! I didn't know they where so cose to eachother.

kriegstadt ends in the street where the soviet tanks spawn on konigsplatz,
so basically you could directly walk from krieg to konigs to pariser
without the need to add intermediary maps.

btw, i denie all speculations on that 3 in 1 big berlin map! whoever said
that has no idea how complex that would be, you would need a pc from
nasa to build that! :D

Monkwarrior

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Since w'r off-topic anyway ;)
If these Berlin maps would be played one after the other I would prefer map endings like this.

- the map ends
- all players loose their weapons
- each player gets the opportunity to walk towards the street where the next map begins
- there are a limited number of streets to choose from (max 3)
- the street which has more players in it will be the next map to be played

Much more fun then voting :D

Monk.

emrys

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 9, 2006
Sweden
That's pretty epic, Hobbes. However! I just came off the most epic round of Kriegstadt ever.

Russians were having issues with their tankers and germans were utterly destroying the opposition at Dornburg for the whole map. A fun loving group of us germans decide to fall back all the way to the Moltke Bridge objective.

Then we made a picture in front of a pak.

And prepared to meet the russian foe.

And charged them at the final objective for the epics.

T'was quite epic.

I'm one of the soldiers in those pictures. Great game, can't wait for beta 3.

Makhno [Anarchist]

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 4, 2006
Aalborg - Denmark
www.1000fryd.dk
I just came off the most epic round of Kriegstadt ever.

Yes! I also participated in that defence of the Moltke Bridge - great battle!!!

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
I'm really excited for the next release :D

Oh yeah, and those final areas around the Moltke Bridge now feature a few more glimpses of the K