• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt Beta 2

I'd love to see the next beta.

RE: binocular code: ... is there any easier way to do it? If the code is simply a zoom on the current vantage point, is there some way of adding a random offset in terms of the angle of view? That way, you wouldn't need the binos to shake ... but you wouldn't necessarily be looking straight ahead -- you might be off by a bit.

Good idea but the problem I see with this would be calling in arty. While Kriegstadt doesn't have arty, EH wants to release the MG mutator with the modded binoculars also. This means that you'll be using the offset binocs for placing arty strikes, and if the player doesn't know where the offset is, it would be really frustrating. And if we KNEW where the offset was, it would defeat the purpose of having it offset as it could be used for sniping again.

Upvote 0
You could simply give the mg gunners fewer pistol clips, I doubt an mg gunner would carry 5 magazines of pistol ammo to battle. While your at it, maybe increase the barrel life on the DP. It's odd that the mg42 could fire hundreds of rounds at a high rate of fire where as the DP barely spews out 1 magazine and it's smoking and melting like there's no tomorrow.

Upvote 0
You didn't alter the DP barrel life, its just ridiculous how short it is in stock RO.

It may be short compared to the new MG42 but the DP is actually supposed to be take longer to overheat than the stock German MGs. As it is now with normal firing (that is, controlled bursts and not just emptying whole mags at a time) I'd say it takes around 2.5 to 3 drums to get it smoking. I don't know if this is really a huge problem, as as a Russian MGer I only felt hindered by that a few times. Mostly on the Deustche Bank, keeping the Germans out of the street approach. And also on the Moltke assault. A small increase in the barrel endurance might be in order. But honestly I run out of ammo usually before it's a problem, then the 2-3 minutes of me screaming "I NEED AMMO" before somebody listens to me usually allows the barrel to cool down.:p

Upvote 0
Well, the finalized EH-MG_Mod has been released, without adjustments made to the barrel life on the DP28 as it seems that it can go for quite a while before smoking, and it saved me a lot of work too (that was the main motivation for excluding it, really).

I removed my binoculars adjustments to get the MG package out there. I will probably continue tampering with them, but put all my excess nonsense in to a EH-MiscCode package or so.

Furthermore, skins for the map have been finalized for Beta 3. You can get them from the 2D art section, and it should be possible for server admins to use the Beta 3 skins in Beta 2 of the map as all file names remain unchanged.

Beta 3 itself will come after I do some more architectural work and ridding the map of bugs, as well as allowing the AHz team time to fix up their vehicle pack so I can get the PaK43/PaK40 in without causing much conflict with the existing code packages they have. Things like lighting adjustments in the map will probably need to wait until later, unless there is so great an outcry that people need them changed.

Also, a bit of a surprise is in store...

Upvote 0
Furthermore, skins for the map have been finalized for Beta 3. You can get them from the 2D art section, and it should be possible for server admins to use the Beta 3 skins in Beta 2 of the map as all file names remain unchanged.

please please don't change existing files, that will create complete chaos on the servers.
i had installed the new skins on my pc, and from then on i was unable to join any servers playing beta2 or even any servers that have kriegstadt in rotation because of the version mismatch.
this can only work when all the players and servers switch to the new skin pack at the same moment, wich is impossible.
you must change the name of the new files, have you tried joining a server with the new skins installed?

you might wanna remove that download link, its a possible time-bomb that is being released in the community.

Upvote 0
the problem is that most of the players already have that texture file, and when they connect to a server with the new version the server will see they have a texture file with the same name, but with a different content and then they will get a file mismatch error.
so everybody who has ever played kriegstadt will have to go and delete his cache folder in order to play the beta 3, and they wont be able to connect to any servers that still use beta2 in their rotation. and i doubt the average player knows how to do this.
im doing this to help you m8, not to mention that if you wanna play kriegstadt and pariserplatz you will need to delete your cache everytime you want to play one of both. and it will be impossible to have krieg and pariser on the same server.

Upvote 0
So lazy...

So many references to the existing package, it will take some time for me to sort it all out.

Name duplicates give various issues and mismatch errors, and you'll get stuck in the download screen.

If some player first joins an old server that still has beta2 and then joins a beta3 server he cant he'll have to clear out his cache first. Or if someone downloaded beta2 normally but tries to get beta3 from redirect. Lots of issues come from using the same names for files when they are not the same.

Upvote 0
The idea is:
-Transition from Beta 2 to Beta 3.

Furthermore, I believe I did explain to you when you asked to use Kriegstadt content that you wait for the next release wave to minimize issues. A heads up or "can you please work faster" would have helped me out a bit.

yes you did, but i had to finalise my map for the AHZ pack long before you could finish this and test it. and i had no idea you would not rename the new files. because doing that is probably underlined in red on top of every modding website under the list of "don'ts" :D
i know it's alot of work renaming all the files and changing the references inside, but who will put a map on his server if it throws 95% of the players of the server instantly?
severs can't overwrite files on client side, every single player who has ever played krieg before will not be able to connect to a beta 3 server without deleting manually that texture file. expect to see the support forums here flooded with "help i can't connect to any server because of a mismatch error!!"

Upvote 0