• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kolno beta

I broke down and decided to redesign the two end objectives, which seem to me much to be much better than before. This will also allow the germans to get the mill a little easier, as the map has opened up a little bit. I am in the process now of doing some lod stuff for the map, and if it works well, the performance should improve, even with the additional terrain that is now visible.

Are people seeing any team play on this map? I tried to lay out stuff in a way that players would never be far from their team and would hopefully play together as a result.

Now that the map is a bit more open, has less unnecessary cover and is a little larger, anyone think it would be cool for each side to have one transport vehicle, just to be used for support and cover?

Upvote 0
Please no vehicles! We already have 2 MGs for covering fire. Vehicles would demand countermeasures like PTRDs or satchels and Panzerfaust. That would kill the nice rural village fighting atmosphere.
The teamloadouts are perfect as it is now.
Only thing that made me wonder ist that only riflemen have grenades, as it would make more sense to give em to the assaulttroopers. But this is no showstopping issue, just my personal impression.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, I was thinking you wouldn't need at, they could be taken out by grenades and such. Maybe something for another project:)

Perhaps it would make sense to give grenades to the smg class, I just don't really like how it plays out. With grenades modeled as they are currently, the only way to get the gameplay I'm looking for is to limit them somewhat.

Upvote 0
Here is a quote from our forums about the Mill.

"I do have a concern about Kolno, however, and that is that the mill allows you to stick your weapon out through the glass and shoot incoming people without worrying about getting shot in return."

There does seem to be some problems with the Mill and windows. Some people in game had commented about making it breakable.

Upvote 0
Isn't that the whole point??? STRATEGY!!! You are asking to play on a rail... pfffttt.

noo... i really like and look for a challenge in a map and really its thats what makes a good map.. good ...

BUT u all so have to look at it in game play.. we are not all was playing wathe ppl who know what thay are doing... most ppl are not all that smart about strategy...

do i think the mail is bad (other than the bugs previous mentioned) ? no .. not really.. I just think it can be a lot better and at a lot to game ... ad i was trying to convey that to Flash... i have no idae if he well do any thing about it and really thats fien :) .. im just puting out what im see/think as i was playing the game that one night ... mabey it was a odd fluke... mabey my team just was no good... I don't know... im just trying to help make this map as good as it can be...

Upvote 0
Are people seeing any team play on this map? I tried to lay out stuff in a way that players would never be far from their team and would hopefully play together as a result.

Yes, I do. But no more or less than any other map on average.

Now that the map is a bit more open, has less unnecessary cover and is a little larger, anyone think it would be cool for each side to have one transport vehicle, just to be used for support and cover?

I would be iffy on the vehicles, I don't think they are needed, but IF you must, please no more than one each side....

Upvote 0
If the map were larger maybe vehicles, but I think it's not that big so there is no real need. I have already seen the allies MG target the spawn area of the Axis from the Inn.. with a vehicle with an MG on it, that would probably create more problems for people to get out of both main spawns.

Not necessarily so.... Combat strategy and skill can alleviate any pressure situation. Same goes for the those who cried about the Mill and its alleged Allied advantages.... again, not so. The skill of the players involved will prevail regardless of any perceived advantages whether real or imaginary.

We play this map regularly and enjoy it to no end. Incidently, the Allied and German victories are just about equal with nothing being easy for either side. That is the hallmark of a well planned and authored map. Well done Flashpanhunter.

Upvote 0
Not necessarily so.... Combat strategy and skill can alleviate any pressure situation. Same goes for the those who cried about the Mill and its alleged Allied advantages.... again, not so. The skill of the players involved will prevail regardless of any perceived advantages whether real or imaginary.

We play this map regularly and enjoy it to no end. Incidently, the Allied and German victories are just about equal with nothing being easy for either side. That is the hallmark of a well planned and authored map. Well done Flashpanhunter.

I agree that it is well balanced right now, since I see the same thing when I play, very even wins between the teams.

I also agree that strategy is the key to the win, and with the VOIP it doesn't matter if some of your team is lost, if you say "everyone to the mill", at least a few may follow.

However, I still don't think there is a need for vehicles, the distance between the axis and allied mains are not that great.. people need to go for a walk more often! :)

I also see that if tactics were used properly with two MG's locking down the final spawn point for either side, it would be hard for a comeback simply because of the lack of cover between the spawn and the cap area. FlashPanHunter already said he was changing these two final points, so this probably isn't important to focus on right now, I hope we will be able to try out the changes soon!

Upvote 0

I'm not sure if the pathways are wide enough or unobstructed enough for vehicles, though. There's stumps and walls and such, and I don't know if the bridges are wide enough for either transport to fit through. Plus, there aren't (as I recall anyway) a lot of longish straightaways or open areas. It's in a small country town, but it's definitely more house-to-house fighting rather than, say, Makhovno, which has a lot of open ground for infantry to cover.

I just don't think the "lines" are right for vehicles, from what I recall. There's no good paths for them that would really make it worthwhile. You're probably better leapfrogging your way to objectives under MG cover fire than driving a vehicle which can be naded or shot with a PTRD or something.

Upvote 0