• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Klin_Beta1

Slyk

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2006
www.after-hourz.com
klin_small.jpg

Please submit your feedback and suggestions here for RO-KLIN_Beta1. Feel free to post historical/factual data as well.

That's part of the charm... do you like the day-glo green under the ground? :) Yeah, it looks like I forgot to clip the bottom of the trenches. Thanks for the pointer! Glad you guys like this one. I like the atmosphere and it is tough. Good use of arty and coordination needed on all parts. The StuG, as on Elnya, can turn the tide if used well.

Upvote 0
Don't think its a bug, but a minor annoyance, at the last two objective; north and south road, the one pillbox bunker with the radio inbetween. You have to actually crouch to enter it, where with the others on the line you can be standing to go into them. Don't know if this is a bug or what, but if the axis team's tanks are going at a good speed, they can lineup with the trenchworks at the roads and drive over them without getting stuck unless the trench is wide enough.

Upvote 0
Bravo, good point on the radio bunker. I will enlarge the doorway. I think I ended up nudging the door way in the downward direction long ago and did not reset it. The step to go in causes you to contact the top frame too early. I'll fix that. Thanks.

On the trench area: width is basically tied to the terrain dimension. I can look at lowering the bottom of the trench but that may not be a good solution. Again, good point which I will consider.

Upvote 0
Thanks, 2Fisted. I'll look at that, probably very valid point there. I will also re-examine the tank counts for the final spawn. With the two T34 turrets in the last line, I hate to load up on tanks too much. All that open ground is tough on the Germans if their StuG doesn't help out with smoke cover.

I'd be interested to see what the win breakdown is and how the Germans are winning...what tactics seem best. About the end of this month I want to finalize all the content so any input in the next week or two would be greatly appreciated.

I personally like the atmosphere of the map. My all time favorite RO map which I made is still TractorWorks, then Elnya, then Klin.

Thanks again for the input and good to hear you enjoy the map!

Upvote 0