• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO is stuttering

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasKaRmA

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 17, 2005
Hi guys,
after my last reinstall of my OS (WINXP) my RO started to stutter when playing online.

System:
CPU: AMD3800+
Ram: 2 GIG DDR2 infinion ramsticks
GFX: GeForce 7800gtx ultra 256mb
Sound: OnBoard sound (realteck AC97)

Things i did to fix it:

-update all drivers on the PC (Mobo, GFX Sound, DX9, ect)
-INI tweaks ( precaching=flase, cachemegsize=64 )
-update router firmware
-reinstall steam and RO twice
-turn off sound
-turn off firewall
-reading all the posts about stuttering in this forum ;)
-turn off TeamSpeak

I do not have any packetlos nor any downloads running while playing.

I get these stutterings (lag) (screen freezes for 1/2-1 Seconds)
everytime my PING changes (form 60 to 64 or 80 to 92 for example)
this really ruins playing Ro for me, specially since I cant play rifleman with those stuttterings all the time.

one of the things that usually work against stuttering is defragmenting your harddisc but considering that the ping changes you must probably look at it somewhere on your internet route.

It could be that your routers firewall or a software firewall halfheartedly tries to stop ro. Or a virusscanner.

I forgot the name but there is a program that will close down everything that isn't needed to run windows, if you play ro after doing that you at least know if ram ain't the issue. But i'd definately look a bit deeper into your internet connection (try to remove ro and steam from allowed programs and read it too).

And when the issue started happening did you do anything before that, and when did it start.

Upvote 0
It started right after reinstalling Windows.
I Installed sound and graphics drivers and DX 9 (latest) amd started to play RO. I had these "lags" imidiately
I also tried to run it with disabled Firewall.
I also disabled Virusscanner....nothing

try setting the affinity of your processor if its a dual core to only 1 processor it might hop from processor to processor once in a while which can cause the lag issue. The dual core optimizer might resolve the issue too as melipone said i have no experience with that.

Remember to install the AMD/Intel processor drivers too if its a clean installment.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.