• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO: HoS tanks & vehicles [(UN)official thread]

RiccardoTheBeAst

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Italy
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad

==Tanks & Vehicles==
-Official thread-

trailerpanzerivg02.png

----------1. Confirmed vehicles----------

Soviet:

• T-34/76 mod. 1942 (T-34 Model 1942 from N

Last edited:
Uhm.....you're right....maybe i can list all the suggestions to prevent "double-suggestions" and list the confirmed features...

EDIT: OP backup lol

I have seen that there are many discussions about tanks in the forum, so i thought "why not opening a dedicated thread?"

In this thread we can ask info about vehicles, and/or we can post some new suggestions, instead of opening lot of threads about the same argument.

If you like this idea, then i will create a decent OP, if you dislike and prefer divided singular threads then i wont waste time for the creation of OP. As you want guys ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: S/Sgt. Raider
Upvote 0
Will there be a Panzer IV F1 to support our infantry in Stalingrad?

Seems like a semi reasonable way to gimp the Panzer III to near the T70's level
It seems the Germans are always gimped in equipment in these type of games. Seriously, why not a J1 with an L/60? Is this Heros of Operation Barbarossa or Stalingrad? Even if gimping by L/42 was the idea the L/42 should still be able to pierce the T-70's 35 mm nose and glacis at ~1,000 meters and ~200 meters respectively whereas the T-70's 45 mm weapon would be worthless at +75 meters against the Panzer III's 50 mm front armor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
EDIT: skip this post

There was a post, somewhere, by one of the devs (I think Wilsonam) which stated which ammunition type was available for the tanks...
IIRC it was AP and HE for the soviets, and AP, HE and HEAT for the germans... but then again, maybe it's just a by-product of my imagination.

I'll update my post if I manage to find said post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tank!
Upvote 0
Ok, I was wrong the other day :eek:
You we're right bluey, +1.
Here's the quote I was referring to (I found it, yay!):
Wilsonam said:
Available at the time - APCBC, APCR (small quantities), HEAT, HE, Smoke for the Germans; for the Russians, pretty much the same, except (from memory) the HEAT wasn't available and the main AP round was APBC, But I am too lazy right now to check the details... as for which ones will make it into game - that's another matter!
(source: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=683064&postcount=4)

That sums it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you all for the positive feedbacks and for the help :D

Everyone can help in the OP creation by posting infos ;)

@ Tank!: no, actually noone (of TWI) mentioned the Panzer IV F1 ;)

EDIT: anyone wants to create an image for the OP? I'm not able to use photoshop :D

EDIT 2 @ Tank!: i think that even Panzers IV equipped with long 75mm gun used some HEAT projectiles. Anyway, i suppose that the projectiles mentioned by Wilsonam are referred to 75mm and 76.2mm guns, right? Or is already started the development for DLC-tanks' shells?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
EDIT 2 @ Tank!: i think that even Panzers IV equipped with long 75mm gun used some HEAT projectiles.

IIRC only the short version of the 75mm fired Gr. 38 Hl/x (Hohlladung - hollow charge). With the long 75 not needing it for anything.

Anyway, I suppose that the projectiles mentioned by Wilsonam are referred to 75mm and 76.2mm guns, right? Or is already started the development for DLC-tanks' shells?
Yeah, he was speaking about the 76.2mm and the 75mm KwK40.
The Pzgr. Patr. 39 APCBC (same name for the 50mm and 75mm round)
Sprgr.Patr.34 HE (same name for the 50mm and 75mm round)
and the BR-350 APBC (F34 76.2mm)
F-534 or OF-350 HE/HE-frag ? (F34 76.2mm)
BR-240 SP APBC (45mm model 38)
O-240 HE-frag? (45mm model 38)

I doubt we will see the Pzgr. Patr. 40 (APCR) and the BR-350P (APCR) Because they were rare, especially in the case of the BR350P

Last edited:
Upvote 0