• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO:HOS + Ostfront package

MrLebanon

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 6, 2011
on a forum
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows if TWI will have a pre-order package including Ostfront at a steal price?

I'm new to the series and would like to try out Ostfront in the time waiting for HoS.. but at the same time I fear buying it full price and having it come in a "Steam pre-order special!"

TWI deserves the full money IMO
but at the same time
i'm a broke student

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows if TWI will have a pre-order package including Ostfront at a steal price?

I'm new to the series and would like to try out Ostfront in the time waiting for HoS.. but at the same time I fear buying it full price and having it come in a "Steam pre-order special!"

TWI deserves the full money IMO
but at the same time
i'm a broke student

Ostfront is only 20$ as it is. I think I picked my copy up on steam at 10$ one time. However I would imagine some sale on it soon as well, would be a good idea anyways.

Upvote 0
Personally I think HOS should follow Men of War: assualt squad's example and make Men of war come bundled with pre orders.

Consider this TWI, most every player that loves RO series owns the original, so if you bundle ostfront with HOS, they will get a Gift copy to give to their friends, who will love Ostfront so much they'll buy HOS for themselves.

Good business model cause once HOS is out, no one is going to buy/play ostfront really, so this will keep Ostfront alive, as well as attract new playerbase to the new game.

I dunno, I'm just throwing idea's out, but it was fun doing that with Men of war.

Upvote 0
My feelings exactly! Need something to get me in the MODE
Being new to the series I just know I'm gonna get massacred
it'd be nice to get used to being massacred on ostfront for free beforehand!

100% agreed, I really think they should do that. This would be good advertisement also. It would be nice to see Ost on top 10 in the Steam stats when pre order to HOES starts. + Positive feedback from people who realize how Amazing RO is even though its an old game... So many amazing little things that make RO awesome and which COD and BF series lack of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We've been over this many times.

If RO1 is f2p, every1 will think RO2 will be just as hard and be overwhelmed by the difficulty.

That's why it's not a good idea to throw potential customers in RO1 games.
That would totally nullify the effect RO2 should have with its (slightly) easier learning curve.

I like the idea in general, but RO1 is just a bad example

Reactions: Fedorov
Upvote 0