• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO:HOS in Belgian newspaper

Proud_God

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Belgium
I was quite surprised to find an article in my newspaper (called 'Metro' a free Belgian newspaper). The article talks about the 'controversy caused by RO:HOS, since the DEVs claim it's the first game where you can play as a nazi". See attachement for a scan.

Heh, sure.

Anyway, negative press coverage is still press coverage I guess :D

Attachments

• RO.jpg
    RO.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 0
“Controversy surrounding Nazi-Shooter”

Game developer Tripwire brings us a controlversial new game. At first sight, 'Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad' is a normal shooter based on the 2nd WW, of which there are many games on the market. What seperates this game from it's counterparts is that you will not only be able to play as the allied, but also be able to play the role of a Nazi.

According to Tripwire, this is the first game where the player will have the opportunity to play as a member of the German troops. The game does not have a release date yet.

Upvote 0
zomg i forsee a major "discussion" about it in the "BILD" Zeitung here in germany "will our kids be trained to be nazis ?":rolleyes: " a sieg heil function is rumored to be implented":rolleyes: what makes it worst that its a FPS !! or how we call it in "newspeak" "Killerspiel"....:D mark my words..it will happen...:rolleyes: On the other hand..that article just sold it to all the belgium neo-nazi scum...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, I hope there won't be controversy, because we all know that Tripwire never takes sides and does not put politics in their games. RO portrays the reality of war and does not portray either side as more "glorious" or "evil". I expect no different from RO:HOS.

I'm sure we all know about that game that caused so much controversy recently. Yes, "that" game (I'm not even going to mention its name). But that game turned out to be just another arcade shooter with zero respect for the real thing.

RO is like the complete opposite. Hopefully the media will understand that.

Upvote 0
According to the Guinness book of records Metro is the largest international newspaper ;). Whenever i take the train i grab the dutch variant ^^. Although they are always full of advertisements and lacks content. So i guess if TWI let sassy do an interview for the belgian and dutch variants. It will be easy advertisement :p

Just checked the website to get a better quality version:

c727a0a0902fc547301d09526fda2d37.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0