• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Ro-Grain-silo_b1

Of course he's unguilty since anyone brings up proofs.

To be honest I don't that much if I'm looking like a fool in these board.
Actually I got even a warning when I said that some DH map consists of parts from basovka.
It's just that a lot of ro mappers don't give a **** about copyrights and permissions so I was definitly too quick with my mouse at the 'submit reply' button.

Last time I brought proofs, this time I didn't. My bad.

Upvote 0
Yankee and me made a map about the Stalingrad Grainsilo back in the moddays.
I dont have any screens nor the map itself to "prove" anything.
I took a look at it in the editor and I have to admit that The brushes used for Grainsilo look similar to mine, but that is normal if the author is building the map after the original pictures and has a bit of logical understanding.
Stolen or not, i dont know.
But the discussion should go back to "Graphical and gameplay critics".

I hope this discussion has come to an end now.

Some advices for your map:
There is another Grainsilo map out, maybe you can get in contact with the mapper of it. MAybe he can provide you with more accurate materials.

Try to add a sunlight actor. Right now everything is tinted in orange. It doesnt look good to be honest.
Give the map a light blue ambient lightning ( without much brightness; around 24)
And add a sunlightactor with an pink/orange tone for the morning or a light yellow tone for the daytime( look at the official maps to get an idea of the colouring.
Havnt played the map yet, so i cant give gameplaytips.

Upvote 0
Look fellas refer to yankee and darkarama,ive read all post here, I simply DID NOT COPY ANY BRUSHES of the silo in question, I made it from the pictures i found,

this is my first map and i cant blieve the %#*@ i am getting from surposedly copping brushes from somwhere else. of course the silo is going to be closly the same it 1 of a kind, i made my way so i got to know how to do biiuldings better.

all these other blokes are behind me on this ,because they can tell you i DID make it and its NOT BLOODY copied.

Man i feel for anyone who might be looking at a silo map, i've worked for over 12 months on this, only to find myself needing a shovel to get all the %@$! off me.

Im sorry fellas for if you feeling sore on this, i in noway went out to blemish or reproduce your work,i to would feel cheated and the same as you, i am sure your map was great and i do hope mine will be liked also,

as this map and myself is in question i will continue with it to the finish, thank you for the TIPS darkarama most greatfull,

I hope all will be finished with now, my m8's are fired up because they know and helped me to get this map going ,it would not have got out if it was not for them.So plz lets get on with surpport RO and leave me alone, your tearing me limbs off.......end of line..")

Upvote 0
Bad joke

Bad joke

This is all so comical. I remember chatting to Doc about the concept and providing some initial plans/photos. It's not copied, open it up and take a look in the toolset.

Why would you start accusing someone of copying someone else's map without checking it out? Next time try not to presume it's a copy from the outset.

I will be posting a new map soon myself and I look forward to yankee's accusations without facts then. So I can totally ignore them.

Oh.. you might want to tell me want maps you have an emotional investment in so I don't call them similar names or base them on similar battles.

Upvote 0
it seems a S/M is needed of MN ? i dont know why! as it isnt in the map or biuld???

i was removed
i am working on the new verson now

well as I've written FortCapuzzoSM(.usx??) was needed first of all, maybe something else, it would come to surface after this one ;)

...and after this "copyrights" discussion I hope that I would have right to put a fixed one map to our repository system? :D
Just write me the author of it (or maybe co-authors ;)) I want it straight in our server to protect ourselves from any accusations ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well as I've written FortCapuzzoSM(.usx??) was needed first of all, maybe something else, it would come to surface after this one ;)

...and after this "copyrights" discussion I hope that I would have right to put a fixed one map to our repository system? :D

Just write me the author of it (or maybe co-authors ;)) I want it straight in our server to protect ourselves from any accusations ;)

i had placed a sign on top of the silo fom fortcapuzzo meshes [sleepyworker] i'd sa,y i removed it

i now have overhawled the map to beta 2 and made some new changes, due to having been given some new pictures, which makes this map i feel more to being historical, but not completley correct..

members of the [3rd] mapping team have been in this with me renewing things so it being right,
im not in any hurry to release my map here,beta 2 is ready now,
ill get it out as soon as we've tested it and happy with it..to public

the other map we found in the last few days was called GRAIN ELEVATOR.
http://www.red.orchestra.pl/plug.php?e=maps&mtype=fch&fl=S∂=maps
author-UnteroffizierG

as for the MOD days i have no idea as i never have seen it.
ill say it again THE SILO IN MY map i MADE IT

cheers

Last edited:
Upvote 0