• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Ro-Grain-silo_b1

Doksta

Nov 18, 2007
Qld
MAP time table> September 13 -- early hours on a Sunday, the 6th army and the 4th Panzer attacked, supported by a massive aerial bombardment. At first the assault went very well; within 24 hours the central railroad was under threat. They were also threatening to take the landmark grain elevator.

Description> * The fight in the south of the city remained in full burn. The Germans managed to make progress until they came up to the Grain Elevator on 16 September and immediately found themselves in the ugliest sort of grinding close-quarters fight. The defenders consisted of about 50 men under Lieutenant Andrey Khozyanov, with their only heavy armament being two Maxim-type machine guns and two Degtyarev PTRD anti-tank rifles. The PTRD was a big, single-shot bolt-action weapon that looked like a piece of plumbing -- not much more than a nuisance against any serious armor, but firing a big 14.5 millimeter bullet with a lot of range and hitting power against almost anything else.

The troops in the Grain Elevator had been ordered to fight to the death, and almost all of them did. When a German officer came forward under a white flag with an interpreter and arrogantly demanded that them to surrender or else, they told him to go straight to hell.

On 20 September, the Germans brought up about a dozen tanks and pounded the Grain Elevator into a ruin. The Soviets fought on in the rubble. Resistance didn't begin to crumble until 22 September, when the Germans were finally able to move forward, with the survivors of the defense finally running off. The Germans found the corpses of most of the defenders, many of them Red Marine "sea devils", and took only a handful of wounded prisoner. The southern part of the city was now mostly in German hands, though the Soviets still clung to parts of the riverbank.

September 12 -- Chukov arrived in the city and said he would hold the city or die there. He had only six weak divisions of the 62nd army totaling 75,000 men and less than 150 tanks, although most were T-34s. His most important asset was his artillery which included the katushas, multiple rocket launchers. He also had support from the Stalingrad front artillery group with 300 heavy guns.

A battalion of 267th Regiment 94th (Saxon) Division with tanks in support attacked the defenders in the Grain Elevator in the south of the city (Chuikov, 1963; Fowler, 2005). The grain was already burning. The battalion suffered heavy losses and by the end of the day there were at most 60 men in each company. Fighting continued in and around the elevator until 22 Sep. The defenders were a "battalion" from 35th Guards Rifle Division (Dubyanski), although on the evening of 17 Sep there were only 30-35 left alive.

At 1200 hours 12 German tanks and supporting infantry attacked the Grain Elevator (Chuikov, 1963; Clark, 1965). The defenders had already run out of anti-tank rifle ammunition and grenades allowing the German tanks to approach to within point-blank range. A shell destroyed the last two Maxim machine guns, reducing the defenders complement of automatic weapons to a single light machine gun. 150-200 German sub-machine gunners attacked cautiously from behind the tanks, throwing grenades as they advanced. The defenders caught and throw back some of the grenades, but the enemy managed to enter the building from the west. The fight continued in the interior.

Feb 2 -- the northern unit followed suit.
The Battle for Stalingrad was over.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Overview>due to short supply of pictures as i could find, This map is NOT historical correct,iv'e simply done my best to bring a place of battle to what may resemble a closeness to the real thing.
there are more thing to come in later releases ie:arty/tanks/and other stuff.
this is my first attempt at a map, i do hope you enjoy playing it.....")

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFANTRY ONLY atm..may change pending next releases and testing
defenders> allies
Attackers>axis

Allies hold all obj.NO recaps at this point

germans must capture all OBJ's to win the game
geman weapons are mixed to time aND date of battle
russiansweapons are standard
1x sniper each side
smg's
bolts
mg's
------------------------------------------------------------------------
srry 4got screenies
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/DoC_HoLiWooD/snapMN03-1.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/DoC_HoLiWooD/snapMN02.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/DoC_HoLiWooD/snapMN01.jpg

dwnload link>fixed
http://www.mediafire.com/?ymmn5j4tyb0

Last edited:
Well, most parts of your 'map' consists of the original RO-Silo by dasKaRmA and me.
This may be your first map but you should definitly keep in mind that copying brushes from other maps WITHOUT their permission is one of the worst things you can do.
Its simply not your own work you present at this forum and that pisses me off at the moment.
We took several of hours to develop an idea, create a layout, building the brushes and polishing everything up.
So your 'work' was to copy&paste something of our work and present it as yours. Everyone started his mapping carreer sometime but you should rather focus on doing your own stuff and try to learn by doing.

Well, from my side I'd like to see you to remove this downloadlink and rather try another project but I wouldn't mind if you PM karma and ask for his opinion.

Upvote 0
What drugs u on,considering I see the brushes made that doc has done for the silo, you really need to get you facts straight.

I know doc got one non tripwire house that I told him he should remove, or gain permission which I know he is in the process of doing. It is a enemy at the gate building.

Before u start going at people open it up and check the details.

PS this is doc 8th attempt at the layout each have been different so any the likeihood of the map being the same would be pretty remarkable

Upvote 0
Excuse me, but pull your head in Yankee. I have seen this map in progress from the very beginning, from helping him put in a hemisphere to giving some suggestions as to the look of the Silo. I have witnessed it when it was two large added boxes, so please get your facts right before posting. Also Vivid, a well known map creator has also been witness to the development of this map from the very beginning. Considering we are all in the same clan and speak to each other every day, this comment is very hurtful to the map creator and somewhat offensive, especially being that this is Doc's first map!

Constructive criticism is welcome, but accusations are not!!!

Good day to you sir.

Upvote 0
Sorry, but thats plain bull****. I had a look at the brushes of the Silo building and I'm totally pissed right now that you have a nerve to blame me for 'accusations without reasons'.
I even just talked to several people who played the RO-Silo from beta times and most people even thought that this is a plain coverversion.

So please stop that now!

Upvote 0
He hand made the silo from scratch with original photos, I have seen the development process so unless you want to call me a liar then go ahead. And I would not suggest you do that.

I also got him to remove parts of the silo that he added that I thought would use too many triangles that was not needed. This was after his first take of the map that extended 2kms in each direction.

(A little laugh, since the silo was 3 deep he added each individual silo and spaced them between each other, I laughed and told him it was silly to have too many triangles, so I said stick the silos together and delete the middles ones you cannot see and stick a antiportal throught the middle of the silos)

I have not see your map before but if you like to post it please before comparision. But I can assure youthe silo that doc created was his creation, and I am not one to mess my words, so take your rant elsewhere.

PS after chatting to Doc he is not even seen your map, and I would take his word as I know he is a honourable man. Me I never played the MOD or developed for the MOD, I only got retail and this sounds like a bunch of sour grapes that you did not release it before he has.

Also he been working on this for 4-5 months each time he changed it due to fps issues, until it as it looks now. I got 8 other people who can back up that they have seen the silo produced in various iterations over this period. I got no reason to defend him if this was not his work but when someone makes an accusaction that I know is totally incorrect I must step in and say something.

If you just want to stamp your name on grain silo only you can produce (because you made it in the mod) I think that is silly since it was such a big important battle and I don't think any mapper has a right to stamp their name on any battle and say how it is. I already remember a retail version of another silo map that it never really took off.

Either way I not going to let you drag a mapper name in the mud cause you feel its your right.

I give DOC a million points for finding this friggen RO-Silo map to copy there seem to be not one copy online to download. hahaha

BTW I hope your man enough to apologies when you accept your mistake.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IM SO SADENED, by this all, this whole silo map started with a call from a fellow m8, i got my pics from 1 idea which the whole thing is based from,i for 1 have not seen anther map of the silo,this has been HArD work all the way,

vivid and luther hve stated to you things about the map, im srry yoou are angry about all this i am not wishing in any way to rile you, I have done many buildings on my own,silo being 1 of them,I wish you hadve PM'd me first of your concern,these men CAN vouch for my work as they helped me do it,

the whole MAP making thing is alearning curve ATM, getting the silo or map the same could happin any time after i finish this 1 # there was only 1 of ists type so doing anything different is merily dum or not correct.

.MOST OF THE SILO PICS ARE THE SAME..so i hope you enjoy playing the map, if some1 else made a map of the silo i would like to see it how it was done....cheers M8..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry, but thats plain bull****. I had a look at the brushes of the Silo building and I'm totally pissed right now that you have a nerve to blame me for 'accusations without reasons'.
I even just talked to several people who played the RO-Silo from beta times and most people even thought that this is a plain coverversion.

So please stop that now!

As I have only played the first Silo map and so cannot compare it to the newest one and for the sake of your argument could you place some screenshots of both silos from identical angles/distances so we could compare the two and decide for our selves of whom of you are correct?

Upvote 0
PS after chatting to Doc he is not even seen your map, and I would take his word as I know he is a honourable man.

Well, actually I don't give a lot about this 'honourable man' stuff on internet. No one can say over the internet if anyone is lying or not. So what?

If you just want to stamp your name on grain silo only you can produce (because you made it in the mod) I think that is silly since it was such a big important battle and I don't think any mapper has a right to stamp their name on any battle and say how it is. I already remember a retail version of another silo map that it never really took off.

Indeed, karma and I supported this mapper who made the other silo map with resources and stuff so thats bs.

Either way I not going to let you drag a mapper name in the mud cause you feel its your right.
I give DOC a million points for finding this friggen RO-Silo map to copy there seem to be not one copy online to download. hahaha

BTW I hope your man enough to apologies when you accept your mistake.
Well, infact the point is that there are no real proves that he made it (except that he's very honourable man :rolleyes:) neither there are solid proves that he copied it since we lost the map.

Conclusion: I feel sorry that I made accusations without a 100% proof but tbh I have to say that I'm not persuaded.
Its just the fact that I saw lots of copied brushwork in these forums and it seems like no one cares most of the times.

case closed.

Upvote 0
Well, infact the point is that there are no real proves that he made it (except that he's very honourable man :rolleyes:) neither there are solid proves that he copied it since we lost the map.

That right there sir is reason enough for an apology. On one side someone is showing proof of there work, and on the other side someone is making false accusations with NO PROOF.

Now I want to get something straight, this is a mod map, going back a few years? Only today did I download the Combined Arms mod for RO, yet all my searching, I was unable to find the custom maps, you are unable to provide the map, how on earth would doc be able to?

Now considering you are wrong and have tarnished a developing mapper, when most people have stopped making maps for RO, I just hope this makes you feel big and all warm and fuzzy inside.

I am unsure why I am still defending doc, even though he is in the clear, maybe because im *@$#!$ that someone has made a remark such as yourself and gotten away scoot free.

Tell you what, get one of the RO devs, who I am sure would of played some of the old mod customs and get them to comment. By far they hold more respect and would not lie.

Upvote 0
Nope, thats the 2nd one.

@Luther,
where do you see ANY proof in this thread?
I only noticed some screenshots of brushes. Maybe I'm too newbish at mapping but why is it a proof?

But as I said, I'm sorry for my accusation since there were no solid proof but thats it. I don't get the point why devs should know all custom maps from the past 4 years better than their actual mapper.

edit:
And as I said, I talked to few people who played that map back a lot while playtesting. That was actually the initial reason for me to have a look because they said that someone copied the old map without a permission.

So I advice you to better stop your crusade as its already finished for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0