• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Free trial period madness

Grenztruppen said:
FK mod is a very good server, I can vouch for that, but my nephew got me banned from there :(

So I banned him from the Internet.

Sorry to hear that. If it was your nephew who ruined your name, then try another FK server. If all goes well and the ban was not placed accross all servers, you should be alright. But know this, we log all names/ID's/IP's we've had trouble with so if there is another offense, you probably will not get much for a warning. But like I said, if all goes well, you are welcome to play. BTW, thank you very much for the kind words of our servers. We work hard to provide fun AND clean servers. Thanks.

Upvote 0
VXAgent said:
This trial weekend has just about turned me off the game entirely. Like there wasn't enough spawn killing, run away solo tanks, and general disrepect/degrading of your own teammates.

Why bother registering saying that if you're not planning to buy it? Obviously the game is not like that when the trial is over :p

Upvote 0
Rabid Turtle said:
Sorry to hear that. If it was your nephew who ruined your name, then try another FK server. If all goes well and the ban was not placed accross all servers, you should be alright. But know this, we log all names/ID's/IP's we've had trouble with so if there is another offense, you probably will not get much for a warning. But like I said, if all goes well, you are welcome to play. BTW, thank you very much for the kind words of our servers. We work hard to provide fun AND clean servers. Thanks.

No problem, I believe he was playing about 5 days ago. The next morning I tryed to connect and it said I was ip banned from both servers oh well no big deal. He wasnt supposed to be on the computer anyways, my fault.

On another note! Thank god the trial is almost comming to an end.

Upvote 0
I've had mixed encounters with the trialers. I think it was at friday night when we had some totally awesome rounds (konigsplatz, ambush and koitos especially), were 2-4 vets on each team and lots of trialers. After a little while they actuallt went in hard for capping obejctives, actually trying to follow the directives we gave them, and were all very nice and worked to understand the game dynamics.

On the other hand, had some quite bad games on saturday/sunday, where absolutely noone tried to work together, noone even acknowledged they even heard me or read what I wrote, everyone going rambo. No coordination at all happened. Still, not much worse than it sometimes can be on a regular night, since a big load of the pub players are also rambo players out to do their own thing and don't care too much what the team does.

But for all I can say: Welcome new players! :-D

Upvote 0
FKMOD tanking server is good, but lately the rampant TKs and grief play is astounding, not to mention the almost constant jabbering in German ( on a UK server ,I have a mute list as long as your arm now), I had to laugh yesterday as it seems that the admins of that server must have had a bad day too, yes I got kick/ban for a short while for getting two really juicy shots on an FKMOD admin sniping me from East Heights killing him :) I took it as a compliment that he (Loki?) I think kicked me :D

Upvote 0
Valac said:
The important thing is I know what I mean, you can think I was talking about the entire community, or you can remember, this is the internet and some things are meant to be taken with a grain of salt.

No, the important thing is that we know what you mean, since you're attempting to communicate what you mean to us. That's why language is supposed to be precise. You said 'community', not 'part of the community'.

Anyway, I actually did know what you meant and I'm just being a pain in the ass. Sorry, It's compulsive... Sometimes I can't help myself.

I have to admit this thread is pretty dumb. Why is it still open?

Upvote 0
I got to play some Friday night and a little on Saturday. For the most part it was enjoyable playing with the new folks. There wasn't a lot of teamwork but that's probably too much to ask of people who are trying to figure out how to play and where to go next. I saw some TK'ing but not as bad as some others here have described. I did let my emotions get the better of me once. I was a German in Baksan Valley and someone was TK'ing in spawn. He killed me once and I got away a couple times while he was busy killing other teammates. Shortly after he TK'd me I spawned just behind him. He was shooting at a teammate who was running toward the mill. Well,...I bashed him in the head. Someone else bayo'd him and I believe he left shortly after that.

All in all, I think the free trial was a success because I heard many players say how impressed they were with the graphics, the game, and even the philosophy behind the gameplay. I think we'll have a big influx of recruits that we need to embrace and indoctrinate in the ways of RO. The rambos will get weeded out and we'll have more good soldiers filling more servers.

Upvote 0
Valac said:
One of many stupid threads talking about the same thing.

Grouping people in categories based on the games they play. Since when does the games on your hard drive measure your maturity level? Since when can't people play more than just RO? Will people ever give up their leet attitudes in RO? Will the RO community ever be greatful? Why arent these pills making my E-Penis bigger? Why do I even bother posting?

It's a matter of demographics and marketing my friend. Tell me that RO doesn't have a generally older demographic than CS, DOD, COD2.

Then tell me 25+ tk rampages as much as grade schoolers.

Upvote 0
Rabid Turtle said:

I always play on your servers, low ping, and custom maps. Never had any problems with any of the admins, yet.

Upvote 0
Most of the problems i seen in this week was due to the older crowd. People often did not help the newer players, leaveing many of them to guess work. However it was not always the case and more often than not most people where really friendly, and more tollerent of TK's. (Good for me as colourblindness often leads to acidental TK'ing when quick shooting is required)

Only problem i really had was people Solo tanking when 3 others where running to hop into the tank to get into the other positions, and on the last hour of the trial someone was useing the spawn armour to MG his team mates down as they left the spawn while he couldent be killed.

Apart from that it was a fun event with more players.

Upvote 0