• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map RO-EnemyAtTheGates

tochiri

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2006
The final was released.
Although this map is not faithful to history, if it is enjoyed as a game and it can obtain, it is glad.
Thank you for much feedback.:)

The changed part from Beta.
-Overhead Map was added.
-Protection of the respawn of russia.
-Russia prevents self-destruction by ARTY.
-ARTY of Russia was reduced from 3 to 2. And the waiting time of ARTY was increased. To 2 minutes. However, the strongest bombardment attacks German.
-Perfect BOT.

To server admin
Please delete Beta version.:eek:

Please enjoy.:)

http://www.maporchestra.com/downloads/p13_sectionid/23/p13_fileid/304

Special thanks JamOjisan.
StaticMeshes used on this map.

http://www.maporchestra.com/downloads/p13_sectionid/16/p13_fileid/305

Attachments

• EATGSS.jpg
    EATGSS.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 0
  • EATGSS2.jpg
    EATGSS2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 0
  • EATGSS3.jpg
    EATGSS3.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 0
  • EATGSS4.jpg
    EATGSS4.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 0
  • EATGSS5.jpg
    EATGSS5.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hm, well the fire damaging people is the only thing that needs to still be done.

Another thing I may add is to make it so if they fall off the boats into the water they die. There is no swimming animations in the game so seeing people jogging under water is odd. You can easily say that since there is no swimming animations, that they don't know how to swim and just drown when they hit the water. In this map nobody should have any problem getting on the docks without falling into the water anyway, as you can easily walk right up to them from the boats.

If you release it again, just release it as RO-EnemyAtTheGates again. You don't need to change anything to the title if that becomes final. Though it wouldn't be too much of a problem if you just changed it back to RO-Volga. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hm, well the fire damaging people is the only thing that needs to still be done.

Another thing I may add is to make it so if they fall off the boats into the water they die. There is no swimming animations in the game so seeing people jogging under water is odd. You can easily say that since there is no swimming animations, that they don't know how to swim and just drown when they hit the water. In this map nobody should have any problem getting on the docks without falling into the water anyway, as you can easily walk right up to them from the boats.

If you release it again, just release it as RO-EnemyAtTheGates again. You don't need to change anything to the title if that becomes final. Though it wouldn't be too much of a problem if you just changed it back to RO-Volga. ;)

A problem of Bot is given when I make the water dead zone.
For example, when you become German side by a single play, Russia cannot arrive at Dock. A game does not have it.
It is easy to let B get on a ship, but does not get it off.:p
Even if I can release this map again, a name of a map does not change it.
I can make totally another map as New RO-VolgaOST if I understand this local diorama and the details of a building.:)
I examined it for oneself and received it, but it was only a big map that obtained.:eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This map is a lot of fun!

My suggestion, and I realize it's late, is that the buildings need some work.
- some windows block players
- some textures are not properly aligned
- too many buildings on the slope of the riverbank
- buildings lack detail
- spawn buildings are hard to get out of

There are performance issues as well, low framerate looking from river to german spawn. The emitters really slow down the framerate for some reason. There should be a big antiportal under the ground. A lot of the terrain can be made invisible.

Also, what is the extra RO-EnemyAtTheGates.rom.uz2 doing in the zip file?

Just some constructive criticism. Again, the map is fun to play. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This map is a lot of fun!

My suggestion, and I realize it's late, is that the buildings need some work.
- some windows block players
- some textures are not properly aligned
- too many buildings on the slope of the riverbank
- buildings lack detail
- spawn buildings are hard to get out of

There are performance issues as well, low framerate looking from river to german spawn. The emitters really slow down the framerate for some reason. There should be a big antiportal under the ground. A lot of the terrain can be made invisible.

Also, what is the extra RO-EnemyAtTheGates.rom.uz2 doing in the zip file?

Just some constructive criticism. Again, the map is fun to play. :)

Thank you for comment.:)
Because there is still several problems in this map, I start an FIX version soon.
Thank you for instructions of an anti-fall measure of FPS.
I try to try it.

Upvote 0
I really like this map.

The battle up the hill to the second objective is intense, with great bolting action, the general layout of the river and hill is just right for a hard fight.

Once the hill is captured the city fighting is not so good- the russians usually swarm all over the germans.

Maybe the germans could have a one-time-spawn at the docks to intercept the russians better.

Upvote 0