• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RO-Dubovicy redone?

something to disable the spawnkilling of the germans by russians coming from the farm, maybe? i like the design of the "village" its pretty cool to go there and try to hold off the incoming russians, but you could make it look more like a village, maybe. not like some houses in a forest.

oh yeah and add an easteregg with women

oh and i always liked the graveyard, its a shame no one really notices it, becaus its behind the russian spawn where noone really looks

Upvote 0
DeV said:
Well seems some people would like it back. Then now comes the tricky part, lets see if you can answer this :p
What would you like to see improved and what not :p
I was thinking about making it more of an uphill terrain with a forest but Im not sure how that will run on RO:O.
The best thing would be all maps, whereas the popular maps should be built/ported first.

Upvote 0
SgtH3nry3 said:
The best thing would be all maps, whereas the popular maps should be built/ported first.

Think this isnt really true..I think every self respecting mapper wouldnt wanna port his map over like 1,2,3. Also that would really disrespect the work the devs have been doing to get this new version looking sexier then ever. If you really would port any map over like say for example koitos (which is going to happen since people will moan about missing koitos so much that some lamer is going to port it over the way it is now) it would probably not fit in at all.

I do like the idea Dingbat had about the community mappers getting together (or a few of em) to redo the old custom maps, with approval of the mapper ofcourse. It would make the maps better, both gameplaywise and graphicswise, I'm sure of that.

Upvote 0
well, you wont be able to "just" port the maps over :D
You need to retexture them, place new staticmeshes, Sounds, and so on...
...but yeah, all maps that will be redone, should get gameplay and graphical improvements and bugfixes.

oh.. and I would lie to see more Spawnprotection for the germans and more cover for the germans at the approach to bunker Objectives (from their second spawn)

Upvote 0
I'm not totally sure yet but I was wondering if I would go sorta like this way with the map:

http://www.waytorussia.net/gallery/data/media/2/olkhonforest.jpg
http://www.waytorussia.net/gallery/data/media/2/OlkhonBay.jpg

These pictures take place nowhere near Dubovicy, hell the current one probably doesnt even look like what it is in my map :p Maybe I should just drop the name but keep the main infrastructure *ponders*....Does anyone of you happen to know of an area that is kinda similar to this one where fighting may have taken place? (Probably one heck of a stupid question but worth the try).

Another question I was wondering about, maybe for any Dev willing to answer, will RO:O handle excessive trees better then RO Mod? So is it finally possible to make something of a decent forest?

Upvote 0
DeV said:
Think this isnt really true..I think every self respecting mapper wouldnt wanna port his map over like 1,2,3. Also that would really disrespect the work the devs have been doing to get this new version looking sexier then ever. If you really would port any map over like say for example koitos (which is going to happen since people will moan about missing koitos so much that some lamer is going to port it over the way it is now) it would probably not fit in at all.

I do like the idea Dingbat had about the community mappers getting together (or a few of em) to redo the old custom maps, with approval of the mapper ofcourse. It would make the maps better, both gameplaywise and graphicswise, I'm sure of that.
That's what I meant... :D

Why not the popular maps first? Or why not "hiring" (or whatever you'd like to call it) all Map Orchestra mappers too???
And anyother custom-custom-custom mapper which did a great job too?

So you have at least more maps than "just" the officials...

Upvote 0