• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO / DH / RO Sound Problem Sound Problem

TodSky

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2006
Venusberg
RO / DH Sound Problem,

As of last night my DH / RO have had no sound, no music or sound effects.

What I have tried to fix this:

- Making sure all option are correct
- Verifying game cache for both RO / DH
- Re-installing RO and DH
- Tried another headset just incase it was a headset issue

My other steam games do not have this problem.

Additional Info,

- I am running Windows 7 64 Bit
- My headset uses audio jacks
- I have NOT had this problem before and everything remains unchanged

My only thoughts are that when I used CC Cleaner (cleaning program to get ride of sh*t) maybe it deleted some kind of file? However I have used this program before on a different machine and it did not effect RO / DH. However that PC was running vista at the time. However if a file was deleted then would not reinstalling or verifying game cache have fixed this?

So basically I am a little stuck here and have run out of ideas. So hopefully somebody here can help!

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann

RO / DH Sound Problem,

As of last night my DH / RO have had no sound, no music or sound effects.

What I have tried to fix this:

- Making sure all option are correct
- Verifying game cache for both RO / DH
- Re-installing RO and DH
- Tried another headset just incase it was a headset issue

My other steam games do not have this problem.

Additional Info,

- I am running Windows 7 64 Bit
- My headset uses audio jacks
- I have NOT had this problem before and everything remains unchanged

My only thoughts are that when I used CC Cleaner (cleaning program to get ride of sh*t) maybe it deleted some kind of file? However I have used this program before on a different machine and it did not effect RO / DH. However that PC was running vista at the time. However if a file was deleted then would not reinstalling or verifying game cache have fixed this?

So basically I am a little stuck here and have run out of ideas. So hopefully somebody here can help!

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann

just curious, how did you fix it? i have no sound as well :(

Upvote 0
just curious, how did you fix it? i have no sound as well :(

Ro makes use of the default audio device set by windows. So make sure that if you use a headset for instance that it is actually set to the default audio device in windows otherwise you won't hear a thing. The same goes with your microphone it needs to be your default input device.

Upvote 0
Ro makes use of the default audio device set by windows. So make sure that if you use a headset for instance that it is actually set to the default audio device in windows otherwise you won't hear a thing. The same goes with your microphone it needs to be your default input device.
thanks for the help guys, still no luck. I really appreciate it though.

Upvote 0