• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO: Asia Front

Roman Elite

Grizzled Veteran
May 27, 2006
United States
Ok who says the Red Orchestra must be confined to Eastern Europe against the Axis? I say not. For an expansion pack idea I have been toying around in my head for a while perhaps we could see the Soviet Union battle against the Empire of Japan in the 1939 era and 1945's breakthrough of China, Mongolia, and Sakhalin. Imagine a lone IS-3 or IS-2 break through thick Japanese entrenchments and then have to duke it out against several medium Japanese tanks. I think this would be a cool idea mabye for an expansion to an already great game perhaps with some more additions to the Ostfront as well. Ideas, suggestions, or comments anyone?:D

The game is about the Eastern Front in WWII, which was Germany and Russia (plus Finland, Italy agaisnt the Russians and quite a few other armies). It woulnd't make much sense to make a game called ' Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45' and make expansions covering other theatres of the war. First off the Red Orchestra was a Soviet communist ring in Germany. Ostfront means Eastern Front, and 41-45 refers to June 22 1941 to May 7th 1945 which is how long the war lasted between mostly Russia and mostly Germany.

Upvote 0
True you are right but it doesnt mean its not a vaild idea for a later expansion. Yes, the Ostfront IS confined to just Eastern Europe - What I'm saying is that it would be Red Orchestra: Asia Front (no Ostfront 41-45). It would still have the Red Army as Allies and Axis would be Japan. Not exactly a common set of battles played in video games (with the exception of Blitzkrieg) but after all Japan is East of Russia so technically it would still be east front- Far East front lol. Really I'm not expecting this to be added but what the hell it's cool idea and I'd like to hear if anyone knows more about this and hopefully share some insight about it.

Upvote 0
Yeah, while that idea sounds very interesting and certainly is a portion of history that the western world has not had enough exposure to, I tend to agree that it's a little outside the scope of the game. More importantly, it doesn't necessarily add anything to it - it would still be the same rifle battles, only instead of the Germans, you would have the Japanese. There are things that RO itself needs more which would actually alter gameplay, such as features to encourage more teamwork (like the recently added smoke grenades).

Upvote 0