• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art RO Art Competition - win 150 Euros

The thing is I don't want to screw up the forum width, plus everyone else has been constrained by this size limit.

You're going to have to scan it in, so if you go by 28-point-some pixels per centimetre (72 dpi), which is pretty much the max resolution you need on-screen, then 800x600 is the size of a sheet of A4 in landscape format anyway. No point in scanning in at any more than 72 dpi if it's not going to be printed.

Upvote 0
btw nestor, could you provide us with little info what will be used winner image for? It could bring a little bit more "light" in what are you looking for... ie. poster on the wall, monitor background, etc. ... should it be "final" version in terms it will be standalone art or there is some idea of using image in future (modificating this) etc. etc.

Upvote 0
Here is my first one, 800x600.

This is meant to represent the favourable parts of Red Orchestra, tanks, infantry, firefights, sniping, all the fun stuff.

It has a bit of an HDR effect where I thought it would work as well. (Scope, rifle-Ironsighted, bit on the russian in the sights, truck, tank, etc.)

-- Final versions of all will have copyright removed for Nestor Makhno's uses.

RO-Artwork.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks bolt. The reason I did it that specific way was because I kinda wanted to get the illusion that you could encounter either at anytime, being almost any class, you know? you could be staring down the sights of a Kar98 at an infantryman, or an T34, and the fact they werent always seperate identities, you'd see infantry fighting tanks, and vice versa. And I do think its a bit confusing as well, but I liked it after a few minutes due to the fact that sometimes you have no clue whos where and such during firefights, so it can kinda turn into a hazy mess, you know?

but thanks, Ill keep that in mind for the next one.

Upvote 0
it's a wrap StaG got this one. to the rest: no need for other entries at this point you'll just be wasting your time :D

Thanks for your encouragement of the compo Athena :p

I say it ain't over til the fat lady sings...or the skinny bloke opens his wallet on the 31st Jan, in this case :D There are many talented artists in this community and one thing I have learnt from many years of dealing with artists and art students is that a deadline is something to be ignored until about 24 hours are left.

(actually they usually ignore them until 24 hours AFTER they pass but that is their loss in this case);)

Upvote 0
Ill submit one more just for fun, I love photoshop, spend all my time in it, good to have something to do (subject wise)

I have the idea of what im going to do for the next one, it will be out probably within the next week and half, due to exams slowing me down. And what Nestor said, it takes me about a week in general to finish even the simplest signature, so yeah deadlines arent important until the last 24 hours, haha.

I just had a lot of time lately, so i thought i'd give it a shot.

thanks for the support guys, ill produce my last submission when I can get the time to work on it.
-- StaG

Upvote 0