• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ro and OpenGL

Vader

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 21, 2006
Would you guys please support OpenGL for this game? I have to use OpenGL because if I use direct3d or any other of those listed, my cpu crashes. OpenGL is the only way to get ro to work and not crash my comp. Will you guys ever support it?

I'm assuming this old thread again, because many users try to join servers with non standard cards have problems with 64bit Windows systems.

The game crashes with the following error message: "Not enough virtual memory" although 16 GB hardware ram is installed and a swap partition with 32 GB is available.

I have tested many things:

If the CacheSizeMegs Fix/Tweak applied, the game crashes with the above error message. Even players who do not use the CacheSizeMegs fix have the problem with the "Not enough virtual memory".

This problem is reproducible with DirectX 9 + 1x (64bit systems) and comes in conjunction with the CacheSizeMegs Fix also partially below OpenGL ago.

Now I have a request, so that players do not have to change the RedOrchestra.ini by hand, to patch openGL in the game configuration as a Render Device.

RO 1 works so flawlessly with openGL.
So Linux works with oppenGL. I have a 64bit Linux System and I did not have this problem. Only on my Win 7 64bit Support System (Same Hardware).

Best Regards

Peter

Last edited:
Upvote 0