• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO and Linux support petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Slayer_2

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2007
Victoria Canada
OK so after getting myself hyped up about RO OSTFRONT (I have played the mod for 1 year and am still playing) and expecting a great product I have my wallet out when suddenly wham! I find out because of steam RO only works on XP. I was pretty disappointed and as some of you know I'm a Linux "fanboy" (I'm not really but I'm certainly not changing to XP). As a game designer (FPS as well) I know it can be hard to please everybody but the thing that really gets me is the fact that the RO mods all supported Linux and Mac OS. I have seen various threads and online petitions attempting to do something about Linux support and now it's my turn. I may not make a difference but at least I will have tried. All I need from you is a post here one per person saying how you want Linux and Mac OS support and maybe a short note. To Tripwire, if any of you ever look in these forums (I have my doubts) think of the advantages of Linus and/or Mac OS support. You would have lots more sales for one, also you would have more fans (if you care, I know I would :) ) and there are probably lots more good reasons. Please consider this and if you have any private questions you can get me on my game businesses email: [email protected] Some ways you could go about adding Linux and Mac OS support is sell with something other than steam (I know the UT engine is capable of Linux and Mac OS support, but it depends on your contracts to of course) or making a patch. I'm not picky as long as long as you guys make it and continue to support it. Lets fill this thread up with posts all you Linux and Mac users (and XP users if you are feeling nice) Thanks for taking the time to read this (and hopefully post),
*Slayer_2

Status
Not open for further replies.