• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Alte_Ziegelei (beta4.8)

Well, I'm still unable to load the b66 map while playing RO. I've installed all the files indicated, even cleaned out the cache to make sure it read the newly installed files. This is the error I run up against now:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1995 MHz with 2045MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 (134)

CreateTexture failed(8007000E).

History: FD3D9Texture::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- FStaticMeshBatchList::Render <- RenderLevel <- RO-AlteZiegelei_b66.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- RenderLevel <- RO-AlteZiegelei_b66.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- RenderLevel <- RO-AlteZiegelei_b66.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- RenderLevel <- RO-AlteZiegelei_b66.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Alte Ziegelei <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 0012FEE0 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

If anyone can make sense of this, please do.

Upvote 0
Foo'bar,
I have 2Gb of RAM on my system, and a GeForce Go 7600 with 256Mb of vid RAM. I also have about 24Gb of free space on my hard drive. Page file size was set to over 2Gb, and I raised it to 1.5x my RAM at 3067Mb. I also removed my redorchestra.ini file before restarting. The good news is I actually got into the FKs #4 server for a few seconds before the game closed down due to a createtexture fatal error.

Can anyone tell me how much RAM b66 requires on average to play? Maybe an average page file size is listed?

Upvote 0
Foo'bar, I raised my page file size to 3067Mb, and removed my redorchestra.ini file. I have 2Gb of RAM on my system and 256Mb of vid RAM (GeForce Go 7600). The good news is I was actually able to load an online game with the b66 map--but only for a moment before the createtexture error crashed the game.

Does anyone have a general value for a page file size that is ideal for a 2Ghz processor w/2Gb RAM?

Upvote 0
Question about spawns

Question about spawns

I love this map. It looks like a work of art and the play is magnificent.

I do have a question. Excuse me if it is an elementary one. Which capzones do the Russians have to take in order to get a forward spawn point? I might also ask the same question about the German side. (I guess that makes two questions.)

Thanks in advance.

War_and_Peace

Upvote 0
I putted around in the ISU-152. It looks real good! I really like the reload sound effects and main gun sound effects. The track squeal is also a very realistic touch. I also like the very big boom the HE makes. :D

I don't recognize the gunsight reticle, but assume there was some additional research put together for this thing -- above and beyond what we had come up with on the optics thread on the modding forum.
Thanks
Jeff

J,
If it's the one I think you're talking about, it's the incorrect reticle. If it looks like this,
ruspf5.jpg

Then it's incorrect for the main gun. The one above is for the ТПКУ or ТПК- 1 which is the commander's observation periscope (estimates range and drop of projectile to target based on height of the observed object).
The main cannon sight was supposed to be the CT-10, which I think was superceded by the K10-T, which I'm pretty sure Shurek got later on (maybe you provided it, I forgot).
But the incorrect ТПК was used in order to get the ISU-152 model introduced into the map as it was taking a while just waiting for the correct sight.
As we know, once you get something introduced like a gunsight, it seems to last forever on servers....

I still can't get any of these here guys to quite putting that dang circle around the perimeter of all these gunsight views though.....:rolleyes: man....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really like the mesh but I am sure the attackers will hate it.

And yes the grass texture is not pretty but I think it is good for a map of the size of Alte Ziegelei to use a lower res base texture (so Foobar shouldn't use your texture even it is way prettier). But the mesh and the terrain should have the same grass texture so you can't tell where one begins and the other ends ;)

Upvote 0
Both [E.C.] servers do have a fast redirect so you'll get all required files from there. But I recommend highly to install the AHz Beta2 pack before and delete the old files from your hdd first to prevent version conflicts.

All required files and links you'll find on my hp, just click my sig and hit "Downloads".

And the word for "Downloads" in German is...????

Upvote 0