• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Alte_Ziegelei (beta4.8)

Hi folks,

once upon a time I just wanted to try out the SDK editor and played a little bit around with it. I opened up some simple maps to see how they've been made. So changed some things on Keystone's Debrecen, trying to understand. And I changed. And changed. Days went by and I almost changed nearly every object in the map. I made new textures over and over, played around with hemisphere, soil, trees, buildings, walls.

Then my son said "Hey, lets try this map!" And so we did. Until that day my intention was just only to see how the SDK does work. I opened my local server for some friends and we played with 4 to 6 players. But what I didn't expect until that moment was the big exaltation of all facing this piece of map. So I wrote Keystone some lines and proceeded with the map, though the "Alte Ziegelei" (old brickyard) doesn't have anything in common with "Debrecen" any more.

Today my project came to the end. Because all I'm able to do has been done. I'm a 2D/3D artist but no programmer or coder. Anyway today I will publish this map for you. But please keep in mind that this is a BIG map in all aspects. You don't have 2 GB RAM? Don't play it. You like to set AA and AF to high values? Don't play it. You face problems while playing the map? Don't ask me. I did my very best to get a good performance on the map - but hey, it is big and has thousands of trees planted on it.

Please follow this link for downloading "RO-Alte_Ziegelei_BETA48" in german forum

All descriptions on the map are written in german, but I'm shure you can live with it. Daytime on the map is a late rainy afternon in november. So if you think it's too dark then it is not your TFT's fault. Since i placed two Pak40 AT guns on the map you'll need the AHz-vehicle-pack. Now I wish you fun with my little project and I hope to see you one day there :)

Cheers Foo'bar

alteziegeleipreviewscrelj8.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't seem to perform badly, at least on a run launched from the editor.
Although you've put in some work there it's still very Debrecen-ish, with inf and more cover to deploy them safely. Nothing wrong with that thou- i presume Keystones ok with that.
I like the map graphic btw, and the cap setup is a bit more natural than the origonal- whether it plays as well remains to be seen thou- as the origional simple setup is perfect for balance really.

Upvote 0
I allow for this map if will be more modyfied. As Dogbadger said it looks too much Debrecenish. Please remove that big hill-circle in middle of map where village is inside, it was the biggest feature of this map so it has to be changed to not makes feeling that it was based on Debrecen. You don't have to remove whole circle, just make it more variable like in some places of edge for example make it more flat or more pushed to forward or something. Also remove village and original farm. Put something in left side of area which you can see it by coming out from first german spawn exit. You can put there for example those houses which are in middle of map. Also remove those forest walls and that hill at West Field cause these objects makes people recognize that it's based on Debrecen map. When you finish please tell those admins to not use old versions. I can't check this map, so if anything else looks very similar to original, please put something different. Sorry that so many I require but I wish it wasn't so similar to original. I'm sure it won't take so long time it's very easy, just put some trees or something, maybe some hills and it's done. Good that finally someone made a new tank map anyway.

Upvote 0
I allow for this map if will be more modyfied. As Dogbadger said it looks too much Debrecenish. Please remove that big hill-circle in middle of map where village is inside, it was the biggest feature of this map so it has to be changed to not makes feeling that it was based on Debrecen. You don't have to remove whole circle, just make it more variable like in some places of edge for example make it more flat or more pushed to forward or something. Also remove village and original farm. Put something in left side of area which you can see it by coming out from first german spawn exit. You can put there for example those houses which are in middle of map. Also remove those forest walls and that hill at West Field cause these objects makes people recognize that it's based on Debrecen map. When you finish please tell those admins to not use old versions. I can't check this map, so if anything else looks very similar to original, please put something different. Sorry that so many I require but I wish it wasn't so similar to original. I'm sure it won't take so long time it's very easy, just put some trees or something, maybe some hills and it's done. Good that finally someone made a new tank map anyway.

Regarding to our PM conversation before, I will do some more changes to the map, soon.

Upvote 0
Anyone able to show me how to put placable weapon pickups into the map? Just to copy the Panzerfaust pickup and change the static mesh doesn't work properly. I already wrote this one but don't know what's next... :(

changing the static mesh in the display menu is just for looks before you pick the weapon up, it doesn't change the kind of weapon.
there is another option lower the menu (maybe panzerfaustPickup or something) where you can select the weapon type (doing this out of memory).

i think it will always say "pick up panzerfaust?", maybe it can be changed, but those message options seem to have no effect in-game for me so far.

if the rifle when you pick it up has no ammo, just place an ammoResupply volume next to it.

Upvote 0
I played it yesterday and enjoyed it despite it needing a 100 man server to be played at its best.

For infantry it could be better if there were more ammo boxes on the map as currently infantry can only hold a very few objectives and if a lonesome german soldier captures tonkuhle he will only be able to kill 1-2 tanks before needing to retreat to get ammo.

Upvote 0
Map critical error

Map critical error

I keep getting this error every time I join this map after about 2 minutes. If anyone can help:

Critical Error said:
Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3604 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: Radeon X1950 CrossFire Edition (6727)
IDirect3DVertexBuffer9::Lock failed(D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR).
History: FD3D9VertexStream::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetVertexStreams <- FStaticMeshBatchList::Render <- RenderLevel <- RO-Alte_Ziegelei_BETA48.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Alte Ziegelei <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 0012FF18 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
did you play with armored beasts?

because i have not seen the allies win with ab on the fkmod #4 server.
the problems are the loadouts in combination with the very flat area in front of the first allie spawn.

the loadouts are :
allis 1. spawn:
1 is2
2 t3485
rest is t3476 and su76.

allies 2. spawn:
1 (or maybe 2?) is2
rest is t3485

axis 1. spawn:
2 tigers
2 panthers
2 pz4hs
rest is pz3

axis 2. spawn:
2 tigers (or more)
2 panthers (or more)
some pz4 and some pz3

first of all: i understand that the concept behind this is speed vs firepower and it can work.

the problem is that the only russian tank that can fight cats at more then 400 metres is the is2.
under 400 metres the t3485 has a chance against panthers frontaly and bad positioned tigers.
the t3476 cant penetrate the front of cats. it can only penetrate the sides of the panther to maybe 500 metres and the tigers side at about 200 metres if it hits in the perfect angle. because of that the t3476 has real problems against panthers and tiger even at very close range because the first penetrating 76mm round will not stop the cat very often and then a decent german tanker will turn his hull a few degrees and the t3476 has no chance to kill the cat. this can be very frustrating, because its hard enough to get into the position and to get the first shot.

even the pz4hs are far superior to the t3476s at ranges over 200 metres, because the 76mm cant penetrate their hull.

if the russians dont have the forward spawn they have one is2 to kill 4 cats at long range and two t3485s that can fight against them at close range.

fighting big cats in a t3485 is very hard but fighting them with a t3476 is no fun especially if there are 4 of them.
nearly the same problem have the german pz3s., but you only will see them when the server is nearly full.

if i could decide it i would like to try loadouts that are similar to the loadouts on debrecen. everyone could have a real chance with this loadouts, and there would be less people sitting in the spawn waiting for a decent tank.

my loadouts would look like that:
i would use the same loadout for both spawns, because the winning team should not get better tanks to be even more dominating.

german:

2 panthers
2 tigers
5 pz4hs
6 stugs
maybe a pz3 for fun
some halftrucks for infantry

russians:
3 is2s
13 t3485s
and the clowncars for the ariofficers.
someone could say:" the russians still had a lot of t3476s at this time". in this case you can add another 30 t3476 to the russian loadout, but i think noone would use them.

with this loadouts more then 6 people on the german and 3 people on the russian side would have fun.
maybe you can also reduce the russian spawntimer to 0 to simulate more russkies.

if i am not looking at the loadouts i have to say that this map is one of the best, if not the best tank map i have played untill now. all this little hills and trees and bushes give you a lot of cover, many ways to flank and so many different tactics you can use.

i just hope that you will think about the loadouts or allow someone to creat a special amored beasts version of he map that works better with the mod.

nevertheless thank you for this great map

mfg Arnold

Upvote 0