• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ro 2 Steam sale 50% off

G2Play is a very good website. I already bought plenty of games from that store, including my ro2 copy at launch

G2play sells eastern european and other low-income bracket countries Steam codes. This is a violation of Steam TOS and they DO kill "suspicious" licenses from time to time.

Nothing illegal about selling licenses, at least not in this country. Steam just doesn't want people messing with their profit model.

You'd be better served buying phyiscal copy from zavvi, thehut or some such place, picked up RO2 and Deus Ex for

Reactions: Forssen and HLudwig
Upvote 0
a lot of crazy deals, I am always too scared to buy games from sites like that. Has anybody bought a game from them? was it all okay?

I was looking at another very cheap site a while back. When you started to look at reviews, though, a load of people who'd used it had their credit cards ripped off.

Probably weak data protection rather than a scam, but the effect on your credit card is the same.

Upvote 0
Try searching for G2Play on the steam forum ;)

Our local gaming forum has some people who shop from G2Play. Apparently they DO get replacement license when steam kills theirs but it's still a pain in the balls. Not that it happens to everyone every time but it happens often enough.

I'd hazard small/indie developers are fairly safe, AAA games are backed by squads of attack lawyers, tho.

Upvote 0
Our local gaming forum has some people who shop from G2Play.
Dont buy from g2play they tried to **** me over! :mad:

They happily took my money then told me later I need to scan my ID to get the key sent to me.
Of course I didnt do that.

I handed in a conflict in paypal and that was it I got my money back.
The stupid asian guy who owns this scam then send me some very scary emails how he will email my local police station etc. :D

Dont buy there!

Again probably illegal and the buy the keys with stolen credit card accounts.

Last edited:
Reactions: FAFFER
Upvote 0