• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Sun WW2 In The Pacific

7.92mm

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 1, 2007
RISING SUN

A RED ORCHESTRA TOTAL MODIFICATION

WW2 IN THE PACIFIC

Introduction to Rising Sun

This mod is set to be a total modification for Red Orchestra during ww2 set in the pacific theatre of war which will include battles such as the battle for the island of Iwo Jima and Tarawa Atoll Plus Makin Atoll and some others. The game will include infantry some tanks Japanese pill boxes beach landings and maybe some jungle combat and maybe some trench fighting and much more but nothing is yet as confirmed. We are going to make this mod as exciting historically accurate as possible.

But We Need Your Help

If we are to bring this incredible Red Orchestra mod to life we are going to need people such as coders mapers and modelers and two historians plus beta testers and anybody else we can use.

Before this mod will go ahead we need to make sure people are willing to help. For more information please send an e-mail to [email protected] or reply in post.

Cheers from Spike and Maximums

Maximus is able to design and create the website with forum and i am learning how to map in RO at the moment this mod is just an idea at the current time.
We really need to know what you guys think? Are there people willing to help?
Maximus does not wish to create a website then having wasted his time and effort if nobody wants to help out or cant, this u and i should surely understand how about you? Please help make this mod become a reality guys.

Cheers Spike

Upvote 0
No i think a pacific theatre mod for RO would be much more interesting have u ever played Medal Of Honor Pacific Assault? As for tank only maps there wont be any for as far as i know the japanese had ****ty little light armoured tanks and there where no major tanks battles between the United States Marine Core as far as i know probably because the land fighting was done on small islands. But dont despair there will be mixed infantry tank maps for sure. Plus there just has to be a class where you get to run around with a flamethrower on, roast japs anyone, fire has never been done in ro as far a toasting your enemy is concerned im afraid but they did on Iwo Jima ha ha lol.

Upvote 0
i really like the idea but the RO community is totally dry of spare talent at the moment...your best bet is to learn to model, texture, animate, map or code and come back in a years time if you dont already have a load of people on board. While im sure many of the guys on the existing mods are willing to help i would urge them not to stretch themselves. Please dont take this as something personal against your mod its just many devs are already working on 2,3 or 4 of the RO mods and as a consequence many are slowing down their production because people cant make the time for all of their projects.

So yeh i love the idea and wish you all the best luck in the world but please if you want a team then try and get people who aren't already heavily involved in other projects. I look forward to seeing your work

Upvote 0
I think you can definitely do it, but unfortunately IMHO, the UE2 engine isn't nearly as well suited for jungle type warfare as (well the obvious winner thus far) the CryEngine... you will probably encounter some tough lessons trying to get a decent looking jungle to look right.

The less-jungle battles shouldn't be to hard.

I'd play it.. but unfortunately what little spare time I have these days isn't available for another mod.

What I would suggest is you start working on the maps, learning, and finding/building your staff, and work on the Japanese (and Chinese?) units.
You can take plenty of time to just build a static-mesh and texture library, code up your vechicles and infantry using proxies, etc..

Then after MN & DH release, ask to borrow the British and American players and kit.. that would give you about 1/3 of your total load out (player models, weapons, and vehicles).. you will have to some additional tailoring i'm sure since the No5 Jungle Carbine never got used in Nafrika, and there were some custom vehicles, and of course new skins as appropriate....etc..etc..)

Upvote 0
Finally a mod that can make good use of the Banzai Katana Charge!!!!!!!!! :eek:

sigpic1552733pk1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i really like the idea but the RO community is totally dry of spare talent at the moment...your best bet is to learn to model, texture, animate, map or code and come back in a years time if you dont already have a load of people on board. While im sure many of the guys on the existing mods are willing to help i would urge them not to stretch themselves. Please dont take this as something personal against your mod its just many devs are already working on 2,3 or 4 of the RO mods and as a consequence many are slowing down their production because people cant make the time for all of their projects.

Tell me about it, I started back in February and it was and still is hard to find any available modelers, mappers, etc...

Good luck to you and your mod, a pacific setting could be interesting.

Upvote 0
go for it

go for it

I reckon you should have a serious go at this, and although it will be a lot of work you'll get a lot of crucial experience. Perhaps you'll be able to see this come to fruition with Unreal Engine 3.

I've been thinking about a Kokoda Trail/New Guinea mod for quite some time. But I am working with other mods until a more jungle friendly engine comes out and my skills are improved.

Upvote 0
I reckon you should have a serious go at this, and although it will be a lot of work you'll get a lot of crucial experience. Perhaps you'll be able to see this come to fruition with Unreal Engine 3.

I've been thinking about a Kokoda Trail/New Guinea mod for quite some time. But I am working with other mods until a more jungle friendly engine comes out and my skills are improved.

Maybe the crysis engine will be suitable, it does awesome tropical jungle, although the stock Cry jungle is a little sci-fi for a gritty RO style jungle shooter.

Upvote 0