• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm, Windows 10

I had an issue with punkbuster for a small time, but if you reinstall it in full things work fine.
Also noticed some issues I had with framerates before seem less of an issue.

Oh yeah, that's true. It actually hung up when it tried installing PB as part of the game install, I had to manually download and install PB from their own website. However I had the same problem before Windows 10. Sometimes PB just stopped working and had to be manually reinstalled.

Upvote 0
For me RO 2 works wonderfully even on low or high graphics with windows 10. I would like the devs to improve the game online, it has terrible issues when playing online. But I tried it with 64 bots, on high and my framerate didn't drop below 55. My specs are: 8 gb ram, Gtx 660, 2 HD 640 gb, Amd phenom x4 955.

Yes framerate drop is highly related to amount of player online !

I don't know what they did but 1 year ago it wasn't like that, it came with a certain update. Maybe they changed something between players and server.

If someone know, explanation are welcome.

Upvote 0
Thanks, maybe I'll click on the nagware windows 10 box next time I see it :tup:

Still doubt I'm gonna switch over, not after dealing with windows 8, and reading over the user agreement, stuff in there looks bad, very, very bad. I'll stick with Good 'ol Vista (just kidding Windows 7, Vista > 8 o' crap OS.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Still doubt I'm gonna switch over, not after dealing with windows 8, and reading over the user agreement, stuff in there looks bad, very, very bad. I'll stick with Good 'ol Vista (just kidding Windows 7, Vista > 8 o' crap OS.)

From what I understand, WinX is mostly about apps (gimmicks), touch screen capabilities, porting Xbox games, interconnecting devices (dumb down the PC) and a blurb on the latest DirectX which no-one has software to exploit.

Sry MS, I like to keep my PC lean to run only the software I want to run. I don't even like rubbing my fingers all over my phone, and would prefer to keep my files, info and actions private. Do I really need a weather.com app if I have internet? Seriously, X is for lazzorz who don't believe in spoons and want to pretend to be Tony Stark.

Upvote 0
From what I understand, WinX is mostly about apps (gimmicks), touch screen capabilities, porting Xbox games, interconnecting devices (dumb down the PC) and a blurb on the latest DirectX which no-one has software to exploit.

Sry MS, I like to keep my PC lean to run only the software I want to run. I don't even like rubbing my fingers all over my phone, and would prefer to keep my files, info and actions private. Do I really need a weather.com app if I have internet? Seriously, X is for lazzorz who don't believe in spoons and want to pretend to be Tony Stark.

Best explanation, EVER.

Upvote 0

Truth is on every Windows OS including seven microsoft are stalking your private info, difference with win 10 you sign an user agreement for that.
If you want a secure O.S go for Linux.

Upvote 0