• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm Weapon Pack... and maybe a character pack. (Also some more brainstorming/rambling. (Mostly rambling.))

Stripes

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 7, 2019
Since the Mosin was already snagged from RS2 why not just use some more existing models and create a weapon pack. The idea mostly just because of my love for the M16A1, I would absolutely drop some money on a small pack of Vietnam era weapons; AKM, Ithica 37 "Stakeout" (that could crossperk swat and support maybe? Unrelated note: tne idea Ive liked for a while is find a way to crossperk every perk with every other perk at some point.), or maybe something silly like some Claymores, just a directional counterpart to C4. Even a character pack could be made, just add some old grizzled vet or something and cash in on easy references, have the guy hum Ride of the Valkyries.

Regardless I would like to see more.. conventional weapons in KF2, but ultimately they cost less in the creativity department and can easily have gimmicks slapped on, like bayonets, something silly like an underbarreled shotgun on the existing M16 with the heatshield or just some style points for looking good like the Mkb already has. Speaking of pretty models, please revisit the HRG weapons some day in the future, give them their own models so they don't just feel like a mod pack. I want to just ignore their existence in their current state, especially when something as broken as the Winterbite was just thrown in.

Ultimately the point most people would agree on is when there is more than just one weapon is in a pack it's be a more reasonable buy, that is what everyone wants if nothing else, An easy way to save some work for now is to just take the pretty models from Rising Storm 2-uhh... I mean just make a pack of WW2 weapons or a "maniac pack" with a chainsaw and a machete or a crowbar and some hockey masks or something. (I know hockey masks exist on the market but that doesn't prevent them from being in a weapon and cosmetic pack.)

The real takeaway is that I just love M16A1's and I'm really just begging. C'mon, this thing is pretty.
M16A1_selector_that_actually_works.jpg

On another note the Riot Shield doesn't block enough damage,the broken glass is silly, and finally the Mosin Nagant would be a sweet crossperk with the Zerker, its a fun way to bridge two perks that are nearly opposites.

I mean we already have an m16 with an underbarrel attachment, so a plain a1 with 20 box mag would be just straight up downgrade no matter what you slap on onto it.
And even if you say it can have a curved 30 box mag, it just simply becomes what we already have. Bayonet would be pointless and underbarrel shotgun ineffective.
Would be just easier to create a mod model that replaces m16 with A1 variant

And about riot shield.... it feels as if it was made wrong.
I was expecting the shield part to work As a shield with alt fire, so we could parry the attacks to mitigate even more initial damage and then hold the line holding the shield up.
But noooo... it had to be that alt fire changes fire mode on a machine pistol which is pointless, and force us to go full tunnel vision while aiming down sight with shield up.
And idk if it even blocks damage, i got hit with and without it and damage mostly felt the same.

Upvote 0
I mean we already have an m16 with an underbarrel attachment, so a plain a1 with 20 box mag would be just straight up downgrade no matter what you slap on onto it.
And even if you say it can have a curved 30 box mag, it just simply becomes what we already have. Bayonet would be pointless and underbarrel shotgun ineffective.
Would be just easier to create a mod model that replaces m16 with A1 variant

And about riot shield.... it feels as if it was made wrong.
I was expecting the shield part to work As a shield with alt fire, so we could parry the attacks to mitigate even more initial damage and then hold the line holding the shield up.
But noooo... it had to be that alt fire changes fire mode on a machine pistol which is pointless, and force us to go full tunnel vision while aiming down sight with shield up.
And idk if it even blocks damage, i got hit with and without it and damage mostly felt the same.

An M16A1 could just be a lighter counterpart to the AK12 and again I'm only clinging to it because I love the gun, an underbarreled shotgun on something could be interesting and would give another crossperk opportunity to the commando or maybe the sharpshooter if its stuck on a DMR. A bayonet literally adds a point that... the Mosin already is gonna make.

As for the Riot Shield its block is useless since you cant jump while aiming and you cant parry either, making it much worse than blocking with your knife ever. It needs to block more damage if nothing else, or be reworked to have a proper block.

Upvote 0
Yeh, only that the mosin itself is in a weird spot to be of any use.
Weights 7 blocks. Has ammo pool of 70 and does 250 dmg.... which with its 5 shots is not that effective against big zeds and overkill for trash, stabbing could be much useful at the earlier waves than at the time you are able to buy the rifle during the match... + the parry.... i only see it useful if a zed is attacking you mid reload to stumble the thing and fully reload the gun... otherwise with multiple zeds around you, you will get smacked regardless. (Or if fp is charging at you and you might as well take the hit so it would unrage and freeze the bugger to end him)

Upvote 0