• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Rising Storm Vehicle Mod

True, true. But there's a fine line between cutting features for optimization and plain laziness.

For this, we can leave out the wire and all that technical junk, but like suggested slow it down significantly. Right now it reloads as fast as the Call of Duty bazooka.

Doing the wire things would double the reload time lol. You don't even need to make a wire or anything. Just pretend. Have the hand move like it's taking the wire from the back of the rocket then attaching it on the contact spring. Otherwise it would be a slow motion animation like it is in darkest hour. They miss it out too but the animation sure as hell doesn't look convincing.

Upvote 0
I cant find it at the moment, but was there a longer version of that animation? I'm sure I saw it before where the guy grabs what I presume to be the wire (noting displayed though) and wraps it around something on the bazooka? I'm sure I saw that on youtube at some point where there was still a glitch in the animation where the rocket pops out of the launcher for a second.

Upvote 0
The biggest problem is that they were all exported incorrectly

Bloody tyrant AAZ exported animations incorrectly to punish beskar for... Oh, we russian scums dont need any reason to punish people! this is only beginning, next time i will sentence him to 10 years of being shot in Siberia.

Okay now seriously. Do you know these famous words - when you criticize, you must also suggest? Did you suggest me how to export "correctly" to fix the problem? I ve been exporting animations for several years and both tremozl and dibbler never ever had any problem like animation playing backwards or weapons/hands misalign. I ve exported LOADS of animations, whole RG42 and mp41 animsets for example. This is now literally the first time when somebody imported my animations and had such problem as playing backward or misalign. I think its pretty damn obvious that problem is not in my exporting but in your SDK importing, and i suggested you many times to ask tremozl how to fix this problem because tremozl never had any problem with importing my animations and he did it for quite short time.

Also, the crawling is pretty janky.
I can agree about this and i will fix the crawling animations, but you have to understand that simply throwing "all animations are placeholders" is just disrespective, because Animating is quite hard and long process, all animations that i have done for bazooka do not have any problem except crawling. You just said that all my work is "placeholder" because one animation is not good enough (and thats mainly because i cant understand 1st camera position in 3ds max scene) and because you did not set correct animation speed for some of my animations.Reload speed is set in SDK/code, not in 3ds max.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I should be glad we have any animations at all.

I am not trying to make "some" animations for you, i am trying to make good animations. I ve changed and improved reload for many, many times, i added whole new part in the animation to make it accurate. If my task would be to make "some" animatins i would just give you this incorrect animation without wire attachment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ieGKoI9gc

you can compare it to this improved variant that you are using now, i guess difference is not that visible in game video because of incorrect speed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8XeHedeap0

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bloody tyrant AAZ exported animations incorrectly to punish beskar for... Oh, we russian scums dont need any reason to punish people! this is only beginning, next time i will sentence him to 10 years of being shot in Siberia.

Okay now seriously. Do you know these famous words - when you criticize, you must also suggest? Did you suggest me how to export "correctly" to fix the problem? I ve been exporting animations for several years and both tremozl and dibbler never ever had any problem like animation playing backwards or weapons/hands misalign. I ve exported LOADS of animations, whole RG42 and mp41 animsets for example. This is now literally the first time when somebody imported my animations and had such problem as playing backward or misalign. I think its pretty damn obvious that problem is not in my exporting but in your SDK importing, and i suggested you many times to ask tremozl how to fix this problem because tremozl never had any problem with importing my animations and he did it for quite short time.

I can agree about this and i will fix the crawling animations, but you have to understand that simply throwing "all animations are placeholders" is just disrespective, because Animating is quite hard and long process, all animations that i have done for bazooka do not have any problem except crawling. You just said that all my work is "placeholder" because one animation is not good enough (and thats mainly because i cant understand 1st camera position in 3ds max scene) and because you did not set correct animation speed for some of my animations.Reload speed is set in SDK/code, not in 3ds max.
Don't make the Russian named AAZ angry. They're all great, except for the crawling animation. I have yet to tweak the animation speeds. which I can do later today. AAZ did fine work, just give him the credit, make good critism and don't insult him!:p

Upvote 0
Would it be at all possible to have an assisted reload with the bazooka? Like going up to the user and pressing cntrl after he has fired will load another round for him faster than the manual reload? I remember Darkest Hour having a feature like that

Bazooka team in BiA: HH. Link:

Code:
https://youtu.be/985L4jqHzdg?t=1037

Not a criticism of the current Bazooka animation for RS or anything :) I think the animation definitely is great and some crawling animations got mixed up and is visible, but overall it is nicely done :) Hope to see it soon in-game and on a populated server :D

Upvote 0
Glad to see this mod finally made, always wanted tanks in RS now we have them and if I have a bit of luck i can convince a server admin i know to implement this mod and we are in business. Just need people to fill up the server.

One thing I noticed is that all of the Japanese anti-tank weaponry they need to get up close try to destroy them. Which easily unbalances the favor back in the allies since the tank can just sit back and blow the japanese to bits either since they cant attack it easily, or map will block the japanese players from attacking due to combat zone restrictions.

Can you implement the type 97 AT rifle which did see service in large quantities in the pacific and/or the type 4 70mm AT rocket launcher which was mass produced though never used in combat since the US never invaded japan. The type 97 easily keeps balance between both sides since you still need to aim at the weak spots of the tank which is easier said than then done. The type 4 which is more powerful than the bazooka is also balanced by the fact you need to actually go prone to fire the damn thing since its so damn big, making standing or crouched fire impractical in real life. Perhaps finding a way to give it only to high lvl players will give the Japanese players too much of an advantage with the the Type 4.

Also finally will you implement backblast. Since these the rocket launchers in the pacific aren't a PIAT these things will have backblast which makes placement important. This pervents AT players hiding in pillboxes which the backblast will kill or maim them seriously and force them to go in open grounds to balance out the game a bit.

Keep up the good work and I hope to see a server thats full running this baby.

Upvote 0
Glad to see this mod finally made, always wanted tanks in RS now we have them and if I have a bit of luck i can convince a server admin i know to implement this mod and we are in business. Just need people to fill up the server.

One thing I noticed is that all of the Japanese anti-tank weaponry they need to get up close try to destroy them. Which easily unbalances the favor back in the allies since the tank can just sit back and blow the japanese to bits either since they cant attack it easily, or map will block the japanese players from attacking due to combat zone restrictions.

Can you implement the type 97 AT rifle which did see service in large quantities in the pacific and/or the type 4 70mm AT rocket launcher which was mass produced though never used in combat since the US never invaded japan. The type 97 easily keeps balance between both sides since you still need to aim at the weak spots of the tank which is easier said than then done. The type 4 which is more powerful than the bazooka is also balanced by the fact you need to actually go prone to fire the damn thing since its so damn big, making standing or crouched fire impractical in real life. Perhaps finding a way to give it only to high lvl players will give the Japanese players too much of an advantage with the the Type 4.

Also finally will you implement backblast. Since these the rocket launchers in the pacific aren't a PIAT these things will have backblast which makes placement important. This pervents AT players hiding in pillboxes which the backblast will kill or maim them seriously and force them to go in open grounds to balance out the game a bit.

Keep up the good work and I hope to see a server thats full running this baby.

Backblast yes, type 4, and type 97, no. AT soldiers will get the Bazooka at level 3 (battlehardened) and the the M2 Carbine at Veteran. Japanese will get the Type 3 Heat at the beginning, lungemine at frontline, and the Type 38 at frontline.

Upvote 0
Backblast yes, type 4, and type 97, no. AT soldiers will get the Bazooka at level 3 (battlehardened) and the the M2 Carbine at Veteran. Japanese will get the Type 3 Heat at the beginning, lungemine at frontline, and the Type 38 at frontline.

Yeah, backblast definitely needs to be there :D I'm sure no one would be crazy to stand behind the bazooka guy while he's firing it :D

Type 38 Carbine :rolleyes: That seems nice, haven't seen that one since MOH:pA (there was a Type 44 carbine in there :D). I was wondering if M1A1 Thompson would see the light of day in this mod? I actually like the M1A1 version of Thompson better than the M1928 one :eek:

Upvote 0