• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Rising Storm & Red Orchestra 2 - What's really going on?

So.... it's not a "Stand Alone" game then but an actual "Expansion" of RO2.

I just find it confusing and a bit contradictory calling Rising Storm a "Stand Alone Expansion" when it's not "Stand Alone"

It is a standalone game, technically. The thing is (I think I got it right). If you buy rising storm (without owning ro2) you get ro2 multiplayer, which means you don't need ro2 in order play it, making it stand alone. Now, If you got ro2, but don't have rs, even after they merged, you should have access to limited content in rs, since you arleady own ro2. That makes it both a standalone and also an expansion at the same time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[/LIST]
One question in mind regarding RO2 owners. Rumors say you might not earn experience at all in addition to bolties only. I would like to know if it's true or not. Thanks in advance!

That wouldn't be very nice.

Then again, someone who never got the full RS and could only play as a rifleman could always pick up other weapons and use those, thus ranking them up along with the rifle (or is weapon pickups disabled for those players??)..... but they'd only get the unlocks that other's already unlocked since they don't spawn with those weapons.

There's another head scratcher.... how does that work?

Upvote 0
That wouldn't be very nice.

Then again, someone who never got the full RS and could only play as a rifleman could always pick up other weapons and use those, thus ranking them up along with the rifle (or is weapon pickups disabled for those players??)..... but they'd only get the unlocks that other's already unlocked since they don't spawn with those weapons.

There's another head scratcher.... how does that work?

I think it would be good of the free players could gain experience with any weapon they use in game, so if they ever decide to purchase the game, any experience they have earned is right there waiting for them.

Upvote 0