• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Patch Released

Adding this server option is a drastic measurement comparable to calling out a state of emergency.
It is a rude but effective means in order to fight the serious threat that this weird hacking community posed towards ROHOS/RS online gaming.

Now this server options have to become more differenciated. Selfrightiousness [?] and unforgiving phony moral superiority may suite a police state or some fanatics, but not a gaming community in the modern world. Nobody and nothing is perfect.
You see the problem I have with that argument is that in the online world of steam, one can simply just get a new account.

VAC bans exist for a reason, they aren't supposed to be slaps on the wrist. The whole point they exist is to deter future and past cheaters from ruining games. Sometimes a account gets hacked and they get unfairly VAC banned, but its a risk we accept.

Also, there are people who get VAC banned and never want to hack again. I understand that. The easy way to get passed that dumb mistake is to buy the game again. Its not like your are executed on the spot. Your simply just barred from playing games on servers with server owners that don't want you.

They do have a reason to not want someone who was VAC banned, hackers tend to ruin the enjoyment for many others when they are hacking.

TLDR: I dont think its drastic at all.

Upvote 0
Ok i have an idea for dealing with these VAC bans. An additional setting on the server end that allows banned players to play, but they spawn unarmed. They will then have to find and pick up weapons, ammo, and nades. Happy now??

Oh and you will have blaze orange prison style uniforms. Good luck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok i have an idea for dealing with these VAC bans. An additional setting on the server end that allows banned players to play, but they spawn unarmed. They will then have to find and pick up weapons, ammo, and nades. Happy now??

I want them to have pink helmets too.

Upvote 0

Absolutely great idea! :D

Upvote 0

Hey, as some one with a VAC ban this is not funny... Orange prison uniforms are not historically accurate, it should be black and white striped uniforms.

Upvote 0
I have been playing RO2 since beta with my brother, today my brother cannot play at all due to a VAC ban from over 5 years ago. 5 YEARS AGO. 1 ban from mucking around with the fov/console in Modern Warfare and now he can't play game that he has a spotless record on (Any other game for that matter)

I hope Steam/TWI resolve this problem or the next step will be a full refund, UK consumer law prevents a change in contract once you've purchased something, which effectively is what this is unless you agree or offered an opt out which would be a refund in this case.

Jambo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have been playing RO2 since beta with my brother, today my brother cannot play at all due to a VAC ban from over 5 years ago. 5 YEARS AGO. 1 ban from mucking around with the fov/console in Modern Warfare and now he can't play game that he has a spotless record on (Any other game for that matter)

I hope Steam/TWI resolve this problem or the next step will be a full refund, UK consumer law prevents a change in contract once you've purchased something, which effectively is what this is unless you agree or offered an opt out which would be a refund in this case.

Jambo

No need to get attorneys involved, just have your bro pick another server that hasnt activated the OPTIONAL VAC ban setting.

PS...
How does your brother look in a pink helmet? ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jambo

I can relate to a seemingly harmless past indiscretion coming back to haunt you.

But...

Your brother will get no pardon from UK consumer law, nor a refund. He could have lost his entire Steam catalog, legally. And I guess still could lose it if Steam gets miffed. Your brother agreed to these terms when he joined Steam:

4. ONLINE CONDUCT, CHEATING AND ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR
You agree that you will be personally responsible for the use of your Account and for all of the communication and activity on Steam that results from use of your Account. Your online conduct and interaction with other Subscribers should be guided by common sense and basic etiquette. Specific requirements may also be found in the Steam Online Conduct rules at http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=online_conduct[url]http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=online_conduct[/URL], other Rules of Use, the Subscription Terms, or in terms of use imposed by third parties who host particular games or other services.
Steam and the Software may include functionality designed to identify software or hardware processes or functionality that may give a player an unfair competitive advantage when playing multiplayer versions of any Software or modifications of Software (

Upvote 0