• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Patch Released

I have been chatting with a mutator dev and he thinks there might be a way to include something into one of his existing and very popular mutators so server admins can exempt selected players from the VAC ban regardless of thier record but at the same time keep the full restriction set on true.

Gives the discretion to the server operators which cant be a bad thing.

Emphasis mine :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
personally you don't know what you're talking about kiddo, does it matter if I hacked in a different game? that does not mean I should be banned on some other game that I paid for, you fail to realize that people paid for this game and for those that have a vac ban from a different game get banned on ro2 anyways and that is going to kill this game 100% and you fail to realize that so please do everybody a favor that has a vac ban on record and be quiet. if you hack in ro2 you get banned from ro2, but people like you don't see it that way, you think everybody that has a vac ban on a different game should be banned from ro2 anyways which is completely dumb. you need to understand 70% of steam players have vac bans on record, people like you kill this game with stupid ideas.

WHY DO YOU THINK THE GAME DOESN'T GET 3K+ PEOPLE ANYMORE because TRIPWIRE decided to kill it. SO MANY PEOPLE WERE BANNED IT'S NOT FUNNY MAN, SO MANY PAID MONEY FOR THIS AND GET BANNED FOR NO REASON. TRIPWIRE DECIDES TO GO ON A BAN RAMPAGE BECAUSE SOMEONE HACKED, BIG DAMN DEAL AND NOW HALF OF THE PLAYERS HAVE TO SUFFER JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE A VAC BAN FROM A DIFFERENT GAME.....A DIFFERENT GAME MAN COME ON!!! TRIPWIRE PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER.

Since im gaming (now 20 years) i have never ever cheated in a game. All you cheaters deserve this nice step from TWI. As you mention the playerbase, twi brought them in by making it free for 24 hours. Im glad now this nightmare is over and the game is at about 2000 players or less. Thx Twi. Pls stop posting and move over to your previous games and use some nice cheats and hacks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since im gaming (now 20 years) i have never ever cheated in a game. All you cheaters deserve this nice step from TWI. As you mention the playerbase, twi brought them in by making it free for 24 hours. Im glad now this nightmare is over and the game is at about 2000 players or less. Thx Twi. Pls stop posting and move over to your previous games and use some nice cheats and hacks.

I'm not going to continue this petty argument with you little kid, I have no time for people that have no clue what they are talking about and I am not new to the game boy I am pretty old because I got the game when it first came out so get your facts corrected.

Upvote 0
personally you don't know what you're talking about kiddo, does it matter if I hacked in a different game? that does not mean I should be banned on some other game that I paid for, you fail to realize that people paid for this game and for those that have a vac ban from a different game get banned on ro2 anyways and that is going to kill this game 100% and you fail to realize that so please do everybody a favor that has a vac ban on record and be quiet. if you hack in ro2 you get banned from ro2, but people like you don't see it that way, you think everybody that has a vac ban on a different game should be banned from ro2 anyways which is completely dumb. you need to understand 70% of steam players have vac bans on record, people like you kill this game with stupid ideas.

WHY DO YOU THINK THE GAME DOESN'T GET 3K+ PEOPLE ANYMORE because TRIPWIRE decided to kill it. SO MANY PEOPLE WERE BANNED IT'S NOT FUNNY MAN, SO MANY PAID MONEY FOR THIS AND GET BANNED FOR NO REASON. TRIPWIRE DECIDES TO GO ON A BAN RAMPAGE BECAUSE SOMEONE HACKED, BIG DAMN DEAL AND NOW HALF OF THE PLAYERS HAVE TO SUFFER JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE A VAC BAN FROM A DIFFERENT GAME.....A DIFFERENT GAME MAN COME ON!!! TRIPWIRE PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER.

MY, what a childish rant! If you would hack in one game, then you will hack in another...after reading your posts, the ban is for people just like you! cry me a river!

Upvote 0
We are not talking about war crimes so please don't go this way. (to be as dumb as what you wrote about war crimes and germans, a serial killer in Paris is still a serial killer in London, hehe ;) so with retard arguments like that, I am also right about proving that cheaters always be cheaters, as you are right that german should not be considered nazis forever...)

Most cheaters continue to cheat, a part of them will stop but we can not investigate on everyone, so their bad decision once (to cheat on a MP game) got repercussion today. That is sad for a part of the cheaters, but hey, they cheated... so please don't make them victims.

I think Steam tells you to not add any new game to a vac banned account too...

edit: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4044-QDHJ-5691

Steam Support will not release your CD Key(s) to be used on other accounts. Do not register retail products or purchase new Steam subscriptions on a VAC banned account.
People who got VAC banned should never continue to add games to this account. Now they will maybe follow this rule. This account can still be used to play on unsecured servers, on single player game already on this account, but they should create a new account and start over, with a fresh, clean, and NOT VAC BANNED identity... to install new games, especially Multi Player games, you maybe understand why.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
... and again, it is an optional server setting.

Also, there is nothing preventing players or clans getting together and renting a server and setting it up the way you/they want without the VAC Ban setting on.

You know, just like other responsible clans and players do for servers you were probably playing on but contributing ZERO $$$ for...

Upvote 0
... and again, it is an optional server setting.

Why does this matter? VAC is also an optional server setting. The actual result of this patch is pretty much equivalent to giving everyone with a vac ban in any other game a vac ban in ro2.

Also, there is nothing preventing players or clans getting together and renting a server and setting it up the way you/they want without the VAC Ban setting on.

You know, just like other responsible clans and players do for servers you were probably playing on but contributing ZERO $$$ for...

Well, except that only 1% of players has a vac ban. Which means only about 30 players with a vac ban are online at peak hours. Most players wouldn't join a server which probably has a higher likelihood of cheating. If they had the choice to join a server that reduced cheating by not allowing steam accounts created less than 6 months ago they would probably choose that.

Upvote 0
Why does this matter? VAC is also an optional server setting. The actual result of this patch is pretty much equivalent to giving everyone with a vac ban in any other game a vac ban in ro2.

Well, except that only 1% of players has a vac ban. Which means only about 30 players with a vac ban are online at peak hours. Most players wouldn't join a server which probably has a higher likelihood of cheating. If they had the choice to join a server that reduced cheating by not allowing steam accounts created less than 6 months ago they would probably choose that.

I don't see the issue here. It is not forced by TWI, and the setting is supposed to be off by default.

I highlighted what you wrote in yellow because there is truth to this on two levels.

1 - Non-cheating players are less likely to join servers with players who previously cheated (because...)
2 - Players who previously cheated are more likely to do it again (no matter how small the chances), thus like you said, the higher likelihood of cheating.

-----------------

If I owned or ran a server, I would not want players who had VAC bans for cheating playing on it unless I knew with reasonable certainty it was due to their account being hacked or that I knew the player who had a past problem and was reasonably certain he would not be cheating or hacking again.

Upvote 0
I don't see the issue here. It is not forced by TWI, and the setting is supposed to be off by default.

I highlighted what you wrote in yellow because there is truth to this on two levels.

1 - Non-cheating players are less likely to join servers with players who previously cheated (because...)
2 - Players who previously cheated are more likely to do it again (no matter how small the chances), thus like you said, the higher likelihood of cheating.

Would you think it would be okay for tripwire to include server options for banning steam accounts younger than a certain time or banning because of nationality? If they were not forced by TWI, and the settings off by default.

Banning newer steam accounts would probably decrease cheating and I've seen the view on the internet that people from some countries often cheat in games.

(servers banning based on nationality is a thing)

Upvote 0
Would you think it would be okay for tripwire to include server options for banning steam accounts younger than a certain time or banning because of nationality? If they were not forced by TWI, and the settings off by default.

Banning newer steam accounts would probably decrease cheating and I've seen the view on the internet that people from some countries often cheat in games.

(servers banning based on nationality is a thing)

OK, seriously now you are being ridiculous. By your logic, why not just ban every single person. Then there can be no cheating because there are no players.

I would say most players (those actual individuals) with a VAC ban did something wrong (barring an account hack or something) in the past.

There is nothing wrong with being young or from a certain nationality, and banning them if they haven't done anything wrong yet is just stupid. Period.

Upvote 0
OK, seriously now you are being ridiculous. By your logic, why not just ban every single person. Then there can be no cheating because there are no players.

I would say most players (those actual individuals) with a VAC ban did something wrong (barring an account hack or something) in the past.

There is nothing wrong with being young or from a certain nationality, and banning them if they haven't done anything wrong yet is just stupid. Period.

I agree it's stupid. It was just examples of possible server options and a question if you would be okay with them being included in the game based on them being an option up to the server admins.

Because it being an option was your argument for why its okay for TWI to add the ban for any VAC ban option.

If you think banning players with any VAC ban is okay because they probably did something wrong in the past, that is another argument. I'm just arguing against it being okay because "it's an optional server setting".

Upvote 0
If you think banning players with any VAC ban is okay because they probably did something wrong in the past, that is another argument. I'm just arguing against it being okay because "it's an optional server setting".

My point with that is that there is a way for people to play because of that option available. It could be anywhere from a simple playing on a server with a couple of VAC bans allowed, playing on a server with the setting off, starting up your own server etc. (yeah that might limit the servers or those players, but you have the same thing with players who like Classic or IOM)

You cannot blame server admins or server owners from using this option if its available, after all, its their time and investment and they have all of their regular (never have cheated) regulars to think about and personally, I would say they take priority over a couple of players who have VAC Bans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Adding this server option is a drastic measurement comparable to calling out a state of emergency.
It is a rude but effective means in order to fight the serious threat that this weird hacking community posed towards ROHOS/RS online gaming.

Now this server options have to become more differenciated. Selfrightiousness [?] and unforgiving phony moral superiority may suite a police state or some fanatics, but not a gaming community in the modern world. Nobody and nothing is perfect.

Upvote 0