• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Patch Released

Hi,

I've owned RO2 from since the beta and have enjoyed this game on and off since its release. Unfortunately this update has affected me as my Steam account has VAC ban (Currently at 2138 days) that was done by an account hacker who accessed my email account and changed passwords on my steam. I was able to get it back via Steam Support.

Of course most people will not believe me, but see the point I would like to raise is Steam support DO NOT unban VAC marks against accounts regardless of the circumstances, an unfair draconian process imo.

It does seem the restriction is defaulting to kick anyone with VAC ban atm, but if my local servers so happen to place these restrictions on once fixed, it looks as if this game will need to be uninstalled from my PC.

,regards
Legitimate (framed) fan of RO2

Upvote 0
Hi hi hi hi hi :p:p:p:p:p You`re a Cheater, Hacker, Game Destroyer, Noob,... and me formyself... I love this new Feature. We will turn it on at our Server. Need to let them update now.
No VAC`Bans are Welcome. We won`t let them join our Server.

That way of thinking is very limited.
VAC has not always been know for its reliability , often banning people for no good reason ( a couple of years back for sure ).

The sad news about this is that if obvious cheaters can make it in the game, thousands of "ninja" cheaters must already be there on the servers ...

Upvote 0
Thanks. I hope the system will be soon updated to allow more options in filtering.

I would like to be able to set a minimum day since last ban, and be able to mix this option with the number of bans. For example never allow people with two VAC bans or more, but allow people with only one VAC ban 2000 days old.

Great option I hope this kind of server option spread over all multiplayer games this may make people think more about "is it worst the cost to be stupid and use hacks?".

Upvote 0
I have been chatting with a mutator dev and he thinks there might be a way to include something into one of his existing and very popular mutators so server admins can exempt selected players from the VAC ban regardless of thier record but at the same time keep the full restriction set on true.

Gives the discretion to the server operators which cant be a bad thing.

Upvote 0
how can you even thing about this?

how can you even thing about this?

"Added a setting in ROGame.ini to allow server admins to prevent users that have a VAC ban in any game from being able to join their server."

yes i got a vac ban from MW2 im not going to deny it but it was 3 years ago and i never used anything since and now after i pay you money for your game i get banned from this as well? this is a stupid idea. if you want to do something like this at least this about it if a fair way and make an option to limit the settings to ban players with vac ban in the last 6 months or a year. why people that got banned 2-3 or more year ago need to suffer because you people didn't think if over all the way?
you just wanted our money and that's it?

Upvote 0
If that was the case, this update wouldn't even exist in the first place.

It sucks that you can't play now, but what did you think was going to happen hacking on a steam game anyway? VAC bans have existed as long as I can remember, way back when I bought HL2 when it was relatively new.

I do agree that a white list for VAC bans should be available. There is a minority that is VAC banned but are not a threat to the game.

Upvote 0
"Added a setting in ROGame.ini to allow server admins to prevent users that have a VAC ban in any game from being able to join their server."

yes i got a vac ban from MW2 im not going to deny it but it was 3 years ago and i never used anything since and now after i pay you money for your game i get banned from this as well? this is a stupid idea. if you want to do something like this at least this about it if a fair way and make an option to limit the settings to ban players with vac ban in the last 6 months or a year. why people that got banned 2-3 or more year ago need to suffer because you people didn't think if over all the way?

Wow! a confessed cheater whining about the repercussions of his actions....sorry, no sympathy for you!

Upvote 0
It is the best answer a Gamedelevoper can give. Ok Steamaccounts really can have been hacked and distorted then with cheats. But the most cheaters will tell you this story. Look what happend when Harris fly over Hamburg and Dresden. Not everyone whas a proud regime fanatic. But he won cause it was war. What do cheaters do in this game? It was the best from Tripwire site to do something against those fu..... guys. They think they have the highest IQ. Should i tell you something? They would sell her mother for 20cents cause their character is really evil and will nether change. They even would steal your money while looking in your eyes and telling you that they are not guilty cause somebody else did this. I have no understanding for poeple who ruin a game. A Game that people play cause they want to have fun, meeting people and challange each other. Go and cheat in your fu..... COD Game. It tells everything about your intellect and your character and it tells me that i can`t trust you. That`s the minor thing why no VAC-Bans are welcome at our Server and that`s a part of your own fault. Be happy and proud of yourself cause you did the best cause you`ve got the highest IQ and you`re the best Player...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have been chatting with a mutator dev and he thinks there might be a way to include something into one of his existing and very popular mutators so server admins can exempt selected players from the VAC ban regardless of thier record but at the same time keep the full restriction set on true.

Gives the discretion to the server operators which cant be a bad thing.

worst idea ever you're just looking to kill the game if you do that lol if people have a vac ban on a different game why should they get banned from RO2? don't go with this idea you will kill the game and the developer that thought of this is nuts. you only get banned from RO2 if you hack on RO2, simple as that so I hope these developers don't add that stupid crap.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
worst idea ever you're just looking to kill the game if you do that lol if people have a vac ban on a different game why should they get banned from RO2? don't go with this idea you will kill the game and the developer that thought of this is nuts. you only get banned from RO2 if you hack on RO2, simple as that so I hope these developers don't add that stupid crap.

First of all, they already added the banning option (and personally I think it is a great idea) and second, CAT is talking about a mutator that lets server admins make exceptions for players they know with VAC Bans while keeping those they don't know out.

Upvote 0

It doesn't kill the playerbase, it helps to sort out those damn b.....s. Im glad TWI took this step, the game is more enjoyable now since the games was free and brought in 1000 of those douche bags.
Nice step TWI

Upvote 0
First of all, they already added the banning option (and personally I think it is a great idea) and second, CAT is talking about a mutator that lets server admins make exceptions for players they know with VAC Bans while keeping those they don't know out.

personally you don't know what you're talking about kiddo, does it matter if I hacked in a different game? that does not mean I should be banned on some other game that I paid for, you fail to realize that people paid for this game and for those that have a vac ban from a different game get banned on ro2 anyways and that is going to kill this game 100% and you fail to realize that so please do everybody a favor that has a vac ban on record and be quiet. if you hack in ro2 you get banned from ro2, but people like you don't see it that way, you think everybody that has a vac ban on a different game should be banned from ro2 anyways which is completely dumb. you need to understand 70% of steam players have vac bans on record, people like you kill this game with stupid ideas.

WHY DO YOU THINK THE GAME DOESN'T GET 3K+ PEOPLE ANYMORE because TRIPWIRE decided to kill it. SO MANY PEOPLE WERE BANNED IT'S NOT FUNNY MAN, SO MANY PAID MONEY FOR THIS AND GET BANNED FOR NO REASON. TRIPWIRE DECIDES TO GO ON A BAN RAMPAGE BECAUSE SOMEONE HACKED, BIG DAMN DEAL AND NOW HALF OF THE PLAYERS HAVE TO SUFFER JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE A VAC BAN FROM A DIFFERENT GAME.....A DIFFERENT GAME MAN COME ON!!! TRIPWIRE PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER.

Last edited:
Upvote 0