• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

what do you actually know about In Country?

Of course I'm not an old-timer veteran like you, and just recently I was actually a pretty big skeptic, but now I'm fully on board.

Like I said, I'll be buying both, but I'm not very optimistic about RS2.

At least it'll be fun picking through the files to see what they cut out!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Of course I'm not an old-timer veteran like you, and just recently I was actually a pretty big skeptic, but now I'm fully on board.

Like I said, I'll be buying both, but I'm not very optimistic about RS2.

At least it'll be fun picking through the files to see what they cut out!

no no, I was just wondering what is actually known about ICV in terms of gameplay etc and what it was that you were sticking to

Upvote 0
From IC all we have is a few screenshots and from RS2 all we have is this trailer.

You're right, it's probably too early to make judgments, but looking at what we have I'm leaning towards IC based on the character models alone.

What engine is it using?

IC is on Unreal 4, and I'm kinda interested in what engine RS2 is on.

Its probably still UE3, but then again, who knows.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's based off the first impression I got from both. When it comes to game reveals first impressions are everything.

That's not set in stone though. I got a lousy first impression from IC, and now that's changed.
Hopefully it'll change for RS2 as well. It's always better to remain optimistic, but cautious.

Well despite your impressions I want to make a French Indochina mod. I'll do the maps, you do the code, Mosk can make the uniforms.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OMFG Tripwire WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

I said this in 2009 when I hear about RO2, too...

that was the first trailer I saw ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsUJnIl_9-I

and I remember how it really was when the game was released...

So just wait for the final version (this trailer looks very alpha for me).
Maybe I will try it on a free weekend, or buy it for 5 Euro... never again I will order a Digital Deluxe Edition for me and some of my best friends. :rolleyes:

We will see what the future will bring to us :IS2:

Upvote 0
I opened the forum as usual, clicked Rising Storm something link and saw Vietnam. WHAT :eek: ?? I wonder to get some more info

Same thing here for me too, same reaction!
I'm looking forward to see what happens to the two games, I bet Popsmoke will topple eventually, I doubt they can compete with TWI. :(
RO1, KF1,RO2/RS, KF2 and now this! Awesome work TWI and AMG!

Upvote 0
I bet Popsmoke will topple eventually, I doubt they can compete with TWI. :(

Well of course they can't, they're not a AAA studio, just a bunch of modders exactly like you and me. Albeit more talented.

I'm starting to get a "rooting for the underdog" vibe here, but I'm sure they'll pull through, even if they do absolutely suck at PR.

EDIT: And don't get me wrong, I'm still going to be buying and playing RS2, I just don't have very high expectations of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think that this will be awesome, as long as they throw the mappers a bone and think about re-usability in designing assets. The key to a successful RO type game is a flourishing mapping and modding community and RO2, while by no means awful, has had a pretty hard time getting this off the ground organically. So I hope they do a good job starting this off, for that is what leads to long term success more than anything, and I really want to see a Vietnam game with vibrant ever changing environments rather than the same 10 maps over and over again no matter how good they are. A jungle is not a jungle if you know every tree like the back of your own hand.

Upvote 0