• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm 2 Update 1.6 Is Now Live

Grunts,

Update 1.6 is here and deploying to servers and clients now! It has been a long journey, but this run through the jungle has finished its last tour. The team would like to thank all the players and admins who have joined us along the way and become a part of our little part of the internet and gaming. As always we will strive to learn from our experiencing with Rising Storm 2: Vietnam and apply them towards our future projects to create even better games moving ahead! See you in the jungle.

Alan Wilson, Game Director of Rising Storm 2: Vietnam wanted to pass along this message to all:
I'd just like to say thanks to everyone involved in the last 7 years of development and support for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. That includes everyone at Tripwire, AMG and all the other contractors that have worked on the game during that time; all the modders, community mappers, server admins and everyone investing their time and hard work into the game; and, as always, everyone who has played the game - and those still owning me in game. Just because we (Tripwire) have reached the point where we have to stop development, it doesn't mean anyone else has to stop and support will continue via the community team white listing community mods. I'm looking forward to enjoying the game for a long while yet, as we plot our next target in the franchise in the future - we'll see you in the jungle, as always. Roswell Six Actual out!​

In celebration of this update, Double XP has been turned on and will continue for the next week!

You can find the changelog below:

New Map:

cuaviet.png
  • VNTE-CuaViet has been added to the official roster

Gameplay Adjustments:
  • Da Nang Air Base: Various gameplay adjustments to support the attackers
    • Add 8 minutes to the round time
    • Reduce Aerial Recon timer from 5 minutes to 2 minutes
    • Lower the Enhanced Logistics cooldown timer to match those of other maps
    • Lower the VC artillery cooldown slightly
    • Lower capture times for the first 2 objectives
    • Enabled lockdown on all objectives missing it except final
    • Increase Machine Gun role from 2 to 5 for Attacker, and 5 to 3 for Defender
    • Increase Scout Attacker role from 4 to 5
    • Increase Attacker sniper role from 2 to 3
  • Khe Sanh: Rebalancing of reinforcements to improve gameplay
    • Attackers now have 680 reinforcement tickets and 15 second respawn time.
    • Defenders have 580 reinforcement tickets and 20 second respawn time.
    • Adjusted attackers to have 5 scout, 5 MGs and 3 snipers roles.
    • Adjusted defenders to have 3 MGs and 2 snipers.
    • Rebalanced the commander abilities, bringing them inline with other official maps
    • Roles can now be reversed in campaign

Bug Fixes

Maps:

• VNTE-Asau:
    • Multiple collision volumes adjusted to improve map play and address exploit spots
  • VNTE/VNSU-HueCity:
    • Multiple collision volumes adjusted to improve map play and address exploit spots
  • VNTE-Hill937:
  • VNTE-NinhPu:
  • VNTE-Saigon:
  • VNTE-CuChi:
  • VNTE-DaNangAirBase:
  • VNTE-KheSanh:

Audio:
  • Fixed an issue where voice chat would cease to function for players.
  • Fixed an issue where voice chat was not contained within the proper team channels.
Known Issues:
  • EGS players currently are missing the Green Army Men Content, we are working to resolve this situation soon.

As always, thank you for your continued support!

Last edited:
I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Audio is still bugged, i can still hear players from other servers
And no Pictures for the new map in loading screen, im really disappointed...........no love for this epic map and mapper
Yep, I can hear people from other servers as well. And yet again, I agree, another community-made map, converted into original roster or maps with no credit for their work. It looks just looks like you stole it from the community.

The community team are hoping to gather information on the VOIP issue that players are experiencing that remains after the fixes in play, and I have asked for guidance on what information would be useful.
You might want to suggest to them to revert back before the Patch 1.6, as while VOIP was broken, at least it didn't break to the point of being to able to hear and speak to people from different servers. I've submitted a ticket already

Upvote 0
The SAO (south american oficial) servers do not have the new map CuaViet on their map votation list, we wanted to play it a lot, please fix that little issue.
It should now be added to all but one of the official servers as I didn't want to end a game and kick everyone out.

Reactions: arielmeza2000
Upvote 0
You might want to suggest to them to revert back before the Patch 1.6, as while VOIP was broken, at least it didn't break to the point of being to able to hear and speak to people from different servers. I've submitted a ticket already
Please post your details here in the forums as well: https://forums.tripwireinteractive....1-6-in-game-voice-chat-investigation.2337294/

While we had hoped the fixes that went in would fix most if not all of the reported issues, they are not "new" to this update but have been more rare and hard for us to reproduce. Rolling back would not accomplish what you hope here.

Upvote 0
I have a bug, and I think it happens since last update. Basically, my mic doesn't work. Is well set up, works on Steam and when I click configure microphone, I can hear it properly through steam. However, when I hold the voice chat key, the game won't recognice any sound, and the needle in the radio dial won't make a move, obviously others can't hear me. Any fix to this? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Weizen
Upvote 0
S
I have a bug, and I think it happens since last update. Basically, my mic doesn't work. Is well set up, works on Steam and when I click configure microphone, I can hear it properly through steam. However, when I hold the voice chat key, the game won't recognice any sound, and the needle in the radio dial won't make a move, obviously others can't hear me. Any fix to this? Thanks in advance.
Same here. My VOIP was flawless and I've been playing since Alpha. But as of this update, I can barely get VOIP to work even half the time. What the heck.

Upvote 0