• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm 2 (+Rainbow Six Siege) crashing midgame

Pravoslaviyer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 11, 2019
Description of the problem:
When I play Rising Storm 2 or Rainbow Six Siege (no other games shows the same issue), I can play it fine for about 5 up to 10 minutes, but then the game crashes. It doesnt only crash: the screen goes black, "no video input" is shown on screen, "entering sleep mode" and MAYBE it goes back to desktop. But it happened some times that the video doesnt go back and I need to reboot the PC.
This started to happen around 8th january.
Did some troubleshooting:
1-Tried to give admin rights to the games and their anticheat engines. This worked for about 10 days before the issue came back.
2-Revert video drivers...first to the previous version, and then to a version launched before the trouble started. No improvements.
3-Deleted all windowns updates (including Adobe Reader update that was installed in the exact date that the issue showed up) done in the day and after the issue started. No results.
4-Put the games on high priority and high mem usage. No results.
5-Reinstalled the games...nothing...
6-Unnactivated and even deleted antivirus, firewall, antimalware, etc.; NOTHING
7-Did black magic to curse whoever is responsible to this...no results at all and God must be angry.

Btw, I contacted Ubisoft support also but they were of no help at all.