[Game] Rise of Flight

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

JCoquillon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Europe
Getting nostalgic Alan?

I cut my gaming teeth on games like dawn patrol so I'm eager for a new WWI sim

KrazyKraut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Beer capital of the world
I was hoping for a WW1 mod for IL-2 for years, but that never came to be.

This one looks like it's close to being released. I hope it's out soon, even IL-2 is starting to get boring.

CrazyThumbs

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 1, 2006
I never really played any flight sims. They always looked interesting but I just never tried them out.
This one looks really good though, I'm actually looking forward to it.

Uurastaja

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 20, 2008
Finntart
I never really played any flight sims. They always looked interesting but I just never tried them out.
This one looks really good though, I'm actually looking forward to it.

Same. Due to the almost non-existant amount of new WW1 related games it's safe to say I'll be getting this when it's released.

Dwarden

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
yeah this is the game i spread videos about on irc for some time :)

looks definitely as finally new RB style ;)

CrazyThumbs

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 1, 2006
They're insanely high. I don't come close to making the recommend requirements, and my comp isn't bad at all.

Last edited:

Mahnsikir

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 23, 2006
Edinburgh - Scotland
One good thing though is that in that preview they said it has proper multi core support and even quad cores are being used effectively.
Dev: =FB=VikS
"ROF have separated threads architecture, so two/four cores will work. Actually we have exact numbers of trials of core duo vs core quad, and core quad works 30-40% faster than core duo with ROF".

Though if those min req take into account two cores working properly @ 2.8ghz thats a pretty high level of processing power just to get it running smoothly

KrazyKraut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Beer capital of the world
i'm not too anxious about the requirements. back when i was a kid with no money i used to play games on sub-requirement rigs all the time and still had fun (dungeon keeper 2 comes too mind).

besides if i upgrade i should be prepared fo SoW, if it ever comes out.

Tomcat_ha

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Well it all depends on when it gets released. I wouldnt be suprised if thats the recommended specs for the current build of the game and that it will get lower as they get after allong fine tuning the engine and such.

[TW]schneidzekk

Machete Engineering.
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
ATL
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Ramm has it and he played it in the office. Pretty ****in cool. The TrackIR implementation is really nice. Debating if i should get it or not.

A dual core AMD or Intel with a decent video card works fine. It is not too bad.

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
Ramm has it and he played it in the office. Pretty ****in cool. The TrackIR implementation is really nice. Debating if i should get it or not.

A dual core AMD or Intel with a decent video card works fine. It is not too bad.

Does this mean that twi got a trackir in the office? :D

Grobut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 1, 2006
Denmark
I hope this one will be a good offline sim (and in more than just pre-scripted campaigns), it's been a while since we got one of thouse, IL2 is adequate.. but it's not great offline.