• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Riot Shield

ClearVall

Jun 2, 2019
1. While it is raised up, it's defense is pretty odd. Sometimes you get less damage from a rioteer, sometimes - full damage.
2. Increase the damage of the bash. Not that much, but so it is usefull at least.
3. MAKE THE RUNNING ANIMATION so the shield is raised up while you are running! It is so freaking obvious, why didn't you do it straight away?? Battering ram would look absolutely amazing, the whole "running zeds-killing riot police monster" would look astonishing, and right now none of these can be feel. While you aim with Glock, the window through which you see the world is pretty big, so the orientation is not gonna be a problem. Just place it without the G18 raised to the running animation, and we are good to go.

It. Doesn't block. Pattri. Bullets. Tripwire, wtf?..
I just hope it's because of the beta.
Make it protect you. Make it deal more damage with bashing. Work on it's animations. Make it protect you and your team from Patr. machine gun!
Otherwise I can't understand what are you asking 10 freaking $ for.

Upvote 0
This was actually the first "crazy overpriced DLC weapon" I considered buying.

After testing it though... it's underwhelming to say the least.

As you have noted in your comments here, I'm not even sure the shield blocks damage [it's a shield, right?]

Isn't it supposed to block damage?

The glock only seems worthwhile after it's only upgrade.

Overall, I hope this was just a jumping off point for the shield/gun.. I cannot imagine many people will be happy if they waste their money on it.

Upvote 0
Like all shields in the game, it mitigates damage, not directly blocks. It mitigates all damage from in front of the player when aiming down the sites and the shield is brought up.

It mitigates what degree of damage? Start a solo game, HOE, and crouch in the corner without the shield. Note how fast you seem to take damage from TRASH. Now try the same exercise while using iron sights (shield up) and note how fast you take damage. I obviously don't have exact math, but there seems to be no difference. One would think a SHIELD would make a noticeable difference. I'm not doubting it's stopping some damage, but it seems so insignificant that it may as well have no damage reducing stats.

Upvote 0
It mitigates what degree of damage? Start a solo game, HOE, and crouch in the corner without the shield. Note how fast you seem to take damage from TRASH. Now try the same exercise while using iron sights (shield up) and note how fast you take damage. I obviously don't have exact math, but there seems to be no difference. One would think a SHIELD would make a noticeable difference. I'm not doubting it's stopping some damage, but it seems so insignificant that it may as well have no damage reducing stats.

Currently it is a 50% damage mitigation.

It also features a high damage bash, with a high stumble incap as well. So what it doesn't kill, it has a high likelyhood of incapping.

Upvote 0
But is still clunky to use, with your vision being tunneled when aiming down sight.
I was honestly expecting it to work like mace and shield, only instead of mace you have a gun.
And when does that damage reduction come into play? when you're aiming down sight?

Upvote 0
If the current mechanics is that the damage reduction only activates when ADS... Would it be possible to keep it somewhat activated at all times?

It just seems that if you are holding a riot shield in your left arm, some part of your left side should be protected against damage even when ADS is not activated-- similar to other FPS with riot shields where stowing the shield away on your back protects your back from shots.

Upvote 0
the riot shield needs to be able to Perry. sorry TW but if what im hearing is true, then so far it seems very half baked idea.

i dont mind if the alt-fire button changes the select fire to a full on block with perry like the bonecrusher, the shield need to do shield things.

like how about this: ADS should be how it is, aiming through the visor with the shield up, it offers half of total protection against all attacks, while alt-fire offers the most protection value and perries incoming attacks. and while the shield simply equipped will offer the lowest protection but still more then without, like 25%,50% and 75% defense.

Upvote 0

Almost everything is correct.
1. Shield must protect us even when it's not raised up - from the left side, and when you take another weapon in your hands - from behind, as it will be placed on character's back.
2. Give us ability to block. Not whil aiming, but as a separate option - maybe insted of almoost completely useless G18 fire mode change (MMB).
3. Change running animation so we run with the shield raised up, giving us protection and bigger "Battering ram" damage.

Without all of these, shield is meh. It shall be an amazing weapon, not a freaking "meh". We've been waiting for it for YEARS, and you give us a "meh" weapon with a cost of 10 bucks?
I'm not even talking about that selling a GUN for 10 dollars is freaking crazy, that being said by dozens of other people...

Reactions: infntnub and s5yn3t
Upvote 0